No A/C Condenser OK for MOT?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

No A/C Condenser OK for MOT?

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

Does it matter for MOT purposes that my motor no longer has an A/C Condenser fitted... but does retain the rest of the A/C system?

Following an accident at a T junction, struck 3/4 on the front corner by a car emanating; I replaced the main front panel; a sizeable bit of moulded fibre-glass that basically forms the front structure of the car; and only noticed upon fitting this secondhand item that the fact that it'd come off a non-A/C car mattered, in that it has a vertical support exactly in the middle immediately ahead of the rad, which makes it impossible to fit the condenser....

...so I omitted the condenser on refitting. The A/C had never worked anyway, probably wanted re-gassing.

I don't really want to have to remove the A/C pump and convert the aux belt arrangement to the simpler non-AC layout if I don't have to... not to mention putting my hand in my pocket for the shorter 'non-Serpentine' Aux Belt but if needs must.....
Puxa
Northern_Mike

Re: No A/C Condenser OK for MOT?

Post by Northern_Mike »

In short, no. It matters not.
Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Re: No A/C Condenser OK for MOT?

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

Thanks Mike, pleased that it can stay as is. Goes to show what can happen between MOT's, in that my accident came days after it passed the last one and therefore had 13months ticket at the time.
Puxa