New C4 Cactus 110

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tontonjon
My Cars: Deep Purple Mk2 Cactus manual and Emerald Blue Mk2 Cactus automatic
Used to own 1970 DSuper and 2003 C5

New C4 Cactus 110

Post by tontonjon »

Hello!

The C5 is dying (hydraulic leak on the rear suspension pipe is the latest) and I've been to test drive a New Cactus 1.2 110bhp which I found to my liking.

The question is, is this model underpowered? I know it has a turbo, but would it struggle on holiday full of bags and family? We only drove it on the flat with the two of us. Might I be better to buy the 130 and put up with the higher costs? So far, opinion is divided - but WhatCar say the 110 is good enough.

What do you think, readers? Is there anyone with a new Cactus 110 to share their experience?

Best wishes,

Jonathan
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Re: New C4 Cactus 110

Post by Richard_C »

I really like that 3 pot engine.

We have the turbo 110 EAT auto in a C3, OK not a Cactus but if anything sightly heavier. It's fine, I wouldn't hesitate to fill it as full as can be with people and things and set off on a long trip. You might need to stir the gears a little more driving up an alp or passing a truck but how often does that matter. It will easily keep up with the traffic and more. Not sure about the engine choices on the Cactus but if prices are similar I would rather go with a 110 auto than a 130 manual, or save a bit and go with the 110 manual. Whatever you get, there will always be something a little or a lot faster passing by.

We had a non turbo 82bhp version in a C3 which our daughter now has. Went well enough, surprisingly good at low revs for a small petrol, took 4 of us plus very full boot of luggage on long trips and if you wind it up (above 4000 rpm) on the motorway it flew along in the mid 80's.

.... on holiday full of bags.... Suppose it depends what's in the bags. Gold Ingots, you might struggle ......
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
tontonjon
My Cars: Deep Purple Mk2 Cactus manual and Emerald Blue Mk2 Cactus automatic
Used to own 1970 DSuper and 2003 C5

Re: New C4 Cactus 110

Post by tontonjon »

Excellent. I've gone for the 110 6 speed. I'll leave out the ingots if the rest of the family come with me.

I chose "Deep Purple", man! Couldn't resist the colour because of the name. I hope it looks good!!! "Smoke on the water" grey as the standard colour is not very Citroënesque. I don't really like the other colours. A flat blue would have been my choice. Hey ho!

Thanks for the feedback.

Jonathan