2.0 hdi wirring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

acernick
My Cars: Vw golf mk1
Vw beetle

2.0 hdi wirring

Post by acernick »

Hi

I am running a hdi pump and injectors on a vw engine in common rail set up. What I am wanting to know is where do the injectors get the power source from as they need 100v 20a supply for them to operate? Can anyone help with this?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 2.0 hdi wirring

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The injectors are supplied power from the injection ECU via the injector wiring harness. If you don't have an injection ECU, then don't expect much as the injectors are controlled precisely.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

And, you need to recheck the volt and amp figures.
The ones you gave suggest the injectors consume 2KW... ie more than the high speed kettle in your kitchen.
Even 10V and 2A seems excessive!
This seems a strange experiment. Can you enlighten us as to why your'e attempting it?
VW parts are surely not THAT expensive?
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

To rewind a little, which model and engine are the injectors from, and what other components are you using for the injection system?
acernick
Vw beetle

Post by acernick »

So just to go through what I have done so far. I have a 1993 vw golf 1.9td 1z engine using injectors from a common rail hdi also fuel pump will dig out the part numbers later on today. The overall plan is to run is of a custom ecu based around a Arduino board. Google (Speeduino) it’s Used for petrol engines but I will being modding to run diesel. I am sure when I went to bush website and look at the specs for the injectors that this was the power rating speced but will be double checking. The issue I have is I can use the injector out put from Speeduino but I need to run in it through mosfit that will carry this power. Also I need to produce this power in the first case. I may just get the fuel ecu and open it and see if I can reuse the inverter inside.

Vw parts aren’t that expensive how ever vw don’t use the injector found in the hdi. These injectors bolt straight in the be cylinder head do need for modifications there. Also the use of hdi fuel pump I can get more power out of this then any stock vw pumps.

I was shocked when I read it as well this is a lot of watts to use for long amount of time ie when driving on the motor way. But like I say I will check
acernick
Vw beetle

Post by acernick »

0445110062 9640088780 Injector part number
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Ok, that sounds fascinating.
Are you expecting this to be long term reliable, or is it for a drag test?
The 1.9 has been tuned to over 160bhp, using VW parts, so how high do you expect to go, and what boost pressure will you need to achieve it?
Given this is a French car forum, I'm not sure how long this discussion can realistically go on without upsetting someone. Do you have a youtube channel, or a web site, or something, where we can follow your progress?
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
acernick
Vw beetle

Post by acernick »

It’s for a hill climb car.
Ecu is temp until I can afford to go all out on a more reliable system
2 bar to start and then push towards 3.5 bar. I will be happy with about 320bhp
I don’t have a channel or build thread. May start one but would be on vag website lol
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Wow! That's a lot to put through the front wheels. Obviously, long term reliability is not a priority for a hill climb car.
I don't think the VW tranny will handle that at all well. Even the GTI was comparatively weak in this area, so a good supply of spares will be needed.
Although, for hill climb, I would have thought RWD was more appropriate, because what you guys call hills would more commonly be referred to as cliff faces, so the front wheels spend a lot of time in mid air.
Am I right in thinking this is a very special car and you're dropping the VW block in?
One of my ex colleagues used to do a bit of that in something he made from a Triumph chassis. It looked highly dangerous!
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD