C5X7 spawn of Satan !

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5X7 spawn of Satan !

Post by GiveMeABreak »

To clarify the fog lights again:

The fogs should only be able to be activated when the lighting position (A) is on the second (AUTO) position or on the fourth (DIPPED / MAIN) setting.
Note that the fogs will of course NOT work on the AUTO setting unless the car has actually switched on the headlights as in the case of it raining or being dark enough.

To activate the fogs when the headlights are on, the barrel (B) must be rotated forwards once to switch front fogs on; it will return to its position and then a second forward rotation of the barrel will switch the rear fogs on.

To then switch the fogs off, a downward rotation - once to turn off the rears, followed by a second downward turn to switch the front fogs off.

Of course, switching off the ignition, will of course turn the fog lamps off regardless, or if the lighting stalk is switched to the first (0) or second (sidelight) positions.
Fogs.PNG
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

So something wrong with the switch, maybe?
0 and AUTO appear to be the same, making no difference whatsoever. High/low beam are on and all fogs are available in both positions, though the tail lights and number plate lights are off!
Side light position does as advertised, extinguishing the headlights, though not sure about fog lights.
The fourth position, HEADLIGHTS, brings the headlights back on, with the tail lights still working and fog lights available.
In any case, I'm past caring about the lights now.
Provided she actually turns them on, the tail lights are working, which was the original query.
Now I just have to exorcise the ghosts
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

I was just about to suggest that the switch might be the problem...

Does Diagbox allow interrogation of the switch status?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are a few fault codes related to the steering wheel control module Mike - and if there was a lighting stalk fault, it would bring up a 9C86 coherence fault.

I haven't tried any tests myself on Diagbox, but I know the buttons on my navigation system / head unit all have actuator tests. One for future testing I think next time I get a chance.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
sparksie
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by sparksie »

Everything just got worse, though daylight may clarify it.
On our way home tonight, I decided to collect the C5 from the neighbour's and bring it home, so it would be close at hand any time I get a few minutes.
Got the keys, opened it with the remote, fired it up, dipped the clutch and slotted it into gear. It died. Tried again and same result.
It will not start in gear, but leaps into life in neutral. Pop it into gear and it's like turning off the key, except the lights stay on.
I gave up and left it there. During the walk home, in the dark, I began to wonder whether all these problems might be related.
Wipers can't see each other, brain can't see rad fan, fuel pressure, eml, limp home, who knows, maybe even lights?
If somethings chewing into a loom, which is apparently not unknown on these, might that not account for most of the ghosts that have appeared in such a short period, not to mention shorter distance travelled?
I think a closer look at the wiring harness, particularly in the vicinity of the gear selectors, might be very enlightening...
Sparksie

2000 Xantia 1.9TurboD