C4 gremins

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ceenine
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: DS4 Crossback 2.0l
C5 X7 HDI Exclusive 2.2l sedan
C4 1.6l HDI EGS
Peugeot 405 Mi16

Re: C4 gremins

Post by Ceenine »

Marc
I have replaced the BSM and still not joy with blinking indicators and inability to unlock electronically.

Please check the VIN of the replacement BSI of VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] with my original VIN previously provided. They should provide like config.
My LEXIA shows deadlocking and child window lockout.

I am convinced that my problem is not electronic malfunction but security related.

I note that in checking the presence of ecus that it indicates that an alarm ecu is present. I don't see the relevance of this as so far as I am concerned the car has no alarm.

Cheers from bush fired Tasmania, Don
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so the specs are identical,m except the VIN ending 104 is a little older, and the only difference are:

The Radio installed on this vehicle had a single tuner and the one on your VIN ending 955 was a dual tuner version.
Secondly, the 955 VIN states: AUDIO PACK AUXILIARY SOCKET: WITHOUT AUDIO PACK AUXILIARY SOCKET, and the 104 does not even state this, so may be saying the same thing

But I would certainly check the Head Unit ECU and check that it is set to Dual Tuner - I'm not saying this is going to solve your locking issues, but the Head Units control a lot of stuff and at this stage you don't want any conflict on the CAN network where it is expecting something that is not there.

It's going to be a challenge to work out where the issue is. All I can suggest is that you try using Diagbox to undertake some actuator tests to try and isolate the issues. With a known electrical issue it's possible for any system to have been affected.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Ceenine
Donor 2023
C4 1.6l HDI EGS
Peugeot 405 Mi16

Post by Ceenine »

Marc
It appears that even if I wanted to change any parameters on the main ECU, I am unable to make any changes because I need the "code" to do this. How do I obtain the "code", Citroen Australia ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No code needed. Just run a Global Test, then access the Head Unit ECU from the list of ECUs, select this and you should have access to other menus, one of which should be 'Configuration', then you always want 'Manual Configuration', to get the parameters for the radio.

You only need the 5 digit code for BSI programming, but you shouldn't need to go into the BSI to do it - the Head Unit ECU will do it just the same and saves the risk of doing something in the BSI inadvertently, but I'll PM you the code.

Marc
Ceenine
Donor 2023
C4 1.6l HDI EGS
Peugeot 405 Mi16

Post by Ceenine »

"Hi, my relay van says on the dash alarm unavailable when I start it up, just wondered if anyone would know why this is? I tried testing it by locking the van with key fob and then opening with just the key, all the indicators flash but no sound. I haven’t had the van too long and it could of been there since I bought it I just didn’t notice. Any ideas anyone? Cheers."
Marc
And therein lies my flashing indicator lights problem I believe.

I managed to find the problem with my unlocking button on my fob. The contacts under the button are obviously corroded. I managed to activate the button (unlock the car electronically rather than using the key) by placing a metal obect across the pcb at the appropriate point. Now to play with all of this to eliminate the flashing.
Don
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so what happens with a vehicle with the alar system fitted is that when you lock with the fo, you use unlock with the fob. If you try to unlock the car with the key in the door after it has been locked with the fob, then the alarm is triggered. The alarm siren would normally e triggered and the indicators lights will flash repeatedly very fast.

So from what you are are describing this is what is happening, although because there is no alarm siren or other components fitted,just the indicators are flashing.

Marc