Citroen C4 Grand Picasso aftermarket electric tailgate with foot trigger operation

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

estebanfree
My Cars: C4 Grand Picasso B78 new shape

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso aftermarket electric tailgate with foot trigger operation

Post by estebanfree »

Hi Everyone,

I used old ETG6 gearbox grand picasso and new EAT6 gearbox Citroen C4 Grand Picasso. My first picasso has electric tailgate and when I bought newer picasso it does not have electric tailgate. I bought used parts (struts, tailgate computer, lock mechanism) to my new picasso. I installed successfuly also I installed two cars after my first installation. I added foot trigger opsion to open tailgate without touching open button. Just put your foot to under bumber like new MK2 model!
If you have any question I can help to you or If your car has electric tailgate I can convert tailgate open operation from manual to foot trigger
Attachments
7.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
Last edited by estebanfree on 13 Dec 2017, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.
momag46
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 1999 Xantia V6

Re: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso aftermarket electric tailgate with foot trigger operation

Post by momag46 »

Well do that man!

I have the (non grand) Picasso with this feature and find it very useful. As bought with the car the system can be set up to lock the car when closing with the foot which is great when your arms are full. There is also another button above the number plate at the right that locks the car if the tailgate is closed with the button.

It looks like like a lot of work but if you’ve done three it can’t be to bad.

Again, well done.

Maurice
1999 V6 Xantia
2014 C4 Picasso 1.6hdi Exclusive
estebanfree

Re: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso aftermarket electric tailgate with foot trigger operation

Post by estebanfree »

momag46 wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 16:32 Well do that man!

I have the (non grand) Picasso with this feature and find it very useful. As bought with the car the system can be set up to lock the car when closing with the foot which is great when your arms are full. There is also another button above the number plate at the right that locks the car if the tailgate is closed with the button.

Again, well done.

Maurice

If your car has a foot trigger you have MK2 Picasso. You can add additional lights on boot lid and you can add open / close button on dash board. There is no option open / close inside of cabin.
momag46
(Donor 2020)

Post by momag46 »

Yes estebanfree, it’s a mk2 (2017) and you are right, no internal control for the tailgate.
What ‘additional’ lights do you mean?

Maurice
1999 V6 Xantia
estebanfree

Post by estebanfree »

momag46 wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 17:17 Yes estebanfree, it’s a mk2 (2017) and you are right, no internal control for the tailgate.
What ‘additional’ lights do you mean?

Maurice

you see there were 3 LED (Eagle eye 3W) I added them..
Attachments
22.jpg
momag46
(Donor 2020)

Post by momag46 »

Missed them on your original post :oops: they look good.

Maurice
1999 V6 Xantia
RTDM
My Cars: 2014 '64 Reg Citroen Grand C4 Picasso

Post by RTDM »

estebanfree wrote: 12 Dec 2017, 13:50
momag46 wrote: 11 Dec 2017, 16:32 Well do that man!

Again, well done.

Maurice

If your car has a foot trigger you have MK2 Picasso. You can add additional lights on boot lid and you can add open / close button on dash board. There is no option open / close inside of cabin.

Hi estebanfree!

I have a 64 (2014) plate C4GP, can I add the foot sensor? And a button on dash for open/close? Thanks
estebanfree

Post by estebanfree »

Yes you can add foot sensor and cabin open / close button. If you need help you can ask any quetion any time..
RTDM

Post by RTDM »

estebanfree wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 03:57 Yes you can add foot sensor and cabin open / close button. If you need help you can ask any quetion any time..

Any help would be appreciated, I am new to the Citroen scene (come from Vauxhall / Opel) so I'm not up to speed on resources!
RTDM

Post by RTDM »

estebanfree wrote: 18 Mar 2019, 03:57 Yes you can add foot sensor and cabin open / close button. If you need help you can ask any quetion any time..

Could you tell me please how you did the cabin button? That would be more useful than the hands free at this point but I would like to add that as well lol
estebanfree

Post by estebanfree »

RTDM wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 20:05

Could you tell me please how you did the cabin button? That would be more useful than the hands free at this point but I would like to add that as well lol

You can connect tailgate button as parallel
AlexMux
New User
My Cars: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Exlusive+ 1.6e-HDI 2014

Post by AlexMux »

Hi, wher you buy foot sensor for c4 picasso 2014
estebanfree

Post by estebanfree »

AlexMux wrote: 13 Aug 2019, 20:06 Hi, wher you buy foot sensor for c4 picasso 2014
Hi, I bought from aliexpress

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000190 ... hweb201603_
Tomcsy
My Cars: C4 Picasso 2015

Post by Tomcsy »

Hi estebanfree,
Have you got a tutorial for this electric tailgate installing?
Waiting for your kind reply.
estebanfree

Post by estebanfree »

Tomcsy wrote: 05 May 2020, 17:32 Hi estebanfree,
Have you got a tutorial for this electric tailgate installing?
Waiting for your kind reply.
Hi,

What you need about installation?