C5 X7 ambient lighting (and some other bits and pieces)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Re: C5 X7 ambient lighting

Post by vborovic »

Although I like that red in particular (very rare in these parts btw), I'm more of a blue person ... previous Xsara was dark blue, this is very similar ... I wouldn't mind repainting the whole car in this color though:
131103i85df_zps2n2lsru7.jpg
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 13 Nov 2021, 09:21, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restored Images
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

I've received the puddle LED lights today, if mounted to the mirrors, it will provide white light almost the entire lengths of the car (checked with the 12V battery) ... crazy ... now the only issue is that I need to remove the door card to get the mirror out, and then I'll see whether or not I'll actually have some space to mount the puddle LED (cut the hole and fix it) .. or not ... as I want to install them on both mirrors, I'll have to check them both (especially the co-drivers side, which has the temp sensor somewhere, which may collide with my idea ...)
Last edited by vborovic on 08 Oct 2016, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Not really ambient (unless you think outside of the box and consider the exterior of the car as ambient), but I've just purchased a used & working right side headlamp with the genuine LED DRL solution ... hopefully I'll have it by the end of next week, and I'll finally know how it works (is it just plug&play and voila, or will something need to be configured in the BSI) ... note: the old headlamp has the sidelight (W5W) & the DRL (HP24), the new one only has the DRL (LED, which acts as a sidelight)
Last edited by vborovic on 08 Oct 2016, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

So ... today I've received the new style LED DRL headlamp (needs light polishing due to some scratches, nothing major) ... went with the old plug/play method, and guess what ... yep, it works ... it g l o w s ... :D ... I didn't manage to figure out when the DRL goes on 50% of power (I thought it does that when the main beam is on, but they still glow at 100%) ... anyways, the testing rig looked like this:
e_IMAG01158089_zpsy1rkigeq.jpg
e_IMAG0116a3f7_zpsh4lpklsm.jpg
I don't know why on the second image the LED doesn't show up as glowing, when it actually did, but I did notice image distortion on my cell phone screen while taking a photo (like you'd see when taking a photo of a TV screen up close). If all goes well, I'll have the freshly colored front end and one LED DRL headlight ... and possibly I'll have some more goodies to show in due time ...
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 13 Nov 2021, 09:23, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Restored Images
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Lookie lookie, what me got ... :D

Last edited by vborovic on 08 Oct 2016, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Did you get the chrome surrounds ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Only one side, the other is in progress ... the whole package (bumper spoiler + 1 chrome exhaust + 2 exhaust holders mounted to the bumper spoiler) cost me like one new bumper spoiler at the local Citroen dealer with the max discount ... it was an opportunity hard to pass on (and stumbled onto it purely by luck, by looking for the seat airbag connector black security clip) ...

Edit: people maybe wonder what the big deal is over the twin tail pipes, first, they look great on the Tourer rear, second, the genuine setup with Biturbo engines doesn't allow for the tow bar installation (no room for the bar due to the different exhaust that goes from one side to the other) ... what I'm trying to do is mount the twin tail piped boot spolier, and before actually repiping from the exhaust to the tips, I'll get a tow bar installed (detachable & hidden), and worry about the exhaust piping afterwards
Last edited by vborovic on 08 Oct 2016, 17:35, edited 2 times in total.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Pleased to see you have managed to get a spoiler at last, without having to pay exorbitant shipping costs.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Yeah, me too ... shame that they didn't have the other chrome tip available, but even this is more than I expected for the price
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Here's a relatively good photo of how the biturbo exhaust looks like ... as it can be seen, no chance to mount the tow bar ...

The Ace
My Cars: Citroen C5 1.6THP Prestige
Ford Fiesta 1.0Ecoboost Titanium

Post by The Ace »

vborovic wrote:Only one side, the other is in progress ... the whole package (bumper spoiler + 1 chrome exhaust + 2 exhaust holders mounted to the bumper spoiler) cost me like one new bumper spoiler at the local Citroen dealer with the max discount ... it was an opportunity hard to pass on (and stumbled onto it purely by luck, by looking for the seat airbag connector black security clip) ...

Edit: people maybe wonder what the big deal is over the twin tail pipes, first, they look great on the Tourer rear, second, the genuine setup with Biturbo engines doesn't allow for the tow bar installation (no room for the bar due to the different exhaust that goes from one side to the other) ... what I'm trying to do is mount the twin tail piped boot spolier, and before actually repiping from the exhaust to the tips, I'll get a tow bar installed (detachable & hidden), and worry about the exhaust piping afterwards
Damn, where do you get things like that (and the DRL headlamp) ? :mrgreen:

Lip, spoiler, chrome tips, all the little things that I would love to have....The chances of finding things like that here in Greece are next to zero...so only from the dealer :oops:
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

Well, excuse me for being resourceful ... :D ... its hard even for me to dig such items up, but it takes a lot of time browsing the net to find what you're looking for (and at the right price as well) ... and huge amounts of luck ... two buckets at least ... :D
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Sometimes it can be worth throwing in a common spelling error. You might find that a seller has made the same error (although in error, not deliberately), and be one of a few bidders.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

Here´s a 3.0HDi with tow bar: http://www.nettiauto.com/citroen/c5/7282184" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dual exhausts don´t seem to be a problem.
vborovic
Locked user account

Post by vborovic »

That's interesting, since Citroen officialy say that there is no certifiable tow bar for the Biturbo models ... obviously some manufacturer made a model that is totally different in the mounting mechanism ... it would be great to know how it looks like compared to the regular one