diagbox download link ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

south74

Re: diagbox download link ?

Post by south74 »

Thanks guys - I will check again later today when I'm back online with a PC.
Many thanks.
Currently... Xantia MkII 3.0 V6, C8 2.2Hdi Excl, SM 2.7 ...and waiting for some TLC a DS23 Pallas efi. Times gone by... Xantia Mk1 2.1TD, ZX 2.0 16v, BX 16v, BX 19D.
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

The link works fine with Firefox.I have currently version 24.0. Thanks to Mandrake for the upload :)
(Links of the Scarymi...... are usually extremely busy or overloaded.)

There is a note about clone interfaces which goes something like this:
If you want to use Diagbox 7.0 or later the clone must be re-flashed.

What does the re-flashing mean and how is it done?
:?:
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

VertVega wrote:The link works fine with Firefox.I have currently version 24.0. Thanks to Mandrake for the upload :)
(Links of the Scarymi...... are usually extremely busy or overloaded.)
Thanks. :) A couple of people have reported that one of the files won't download but I think the way mega.co.nz works is that very occasionally an individual file is "unavailable" from some mirrors but it usually sorts itself out within 24 hours. As you say its still far better than rapidshare and all the other sites that these files are usually hosted on...
There is a note about clone interfaces which goes something like this:
If you want to use Diagbox 7.0 or later the clone must be re-flashed.

What does the re-flashing mean and how is it done?
:?:
This is in reference to early Chinese clones which can only run Diagbox versions up to V5.29 because the chip itself has been blacklisted in later versions of Diagbox. It's scarymistake himself who offers the service (for a fee) to re-flash the chip on those clone interfaces to make it compatible with later versions. To my knowledge the software and technique to do this re-flashing has not been made public.

If your interface can already run Diagbox 6.00 or later you don't need to worry as your firmware will be compatible with all later versions.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

That makes it clear. Thanks once again.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Just downloaded these from the mega links but the rar's are password protected, anyone got them at all?
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

The password is in the word doc ;)

(It's scary01)
Simon

1978 CX 2400
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Sussed it not long after posting but its trying my patience SOOOO much!!

I got the software installed on my win 7 64bit machine (diagbox 7.02 and done the 7.04 upgrade) but now it refuses to see my atia unit :(

The light is lit solid and the laptop picks it up but doesn't seem to be able to get the right driver for it and i cant find a copy of the driver file anywhere :(

Why do things have to be this hard with machines sometimes!!!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

That might suggest the VM isn't accessing the USB systems cleanly.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

KP wrote:Sussed it not long after posting but its trying my patience SOOOO much!!

I got the software installed on my win 7 64bit machine (diagbox 7.02 and done the 7.04 upgrade) but now it refuses to see my atia unit :(
Err, did you install it in a VM running a 32 bit version of windows ? Diagbox will install on 64 bit but Lexia will NOT work, which means you can only diagnose very new cars.
The light is lit solid and the laptop picks it up but doesn't seem to be able to get the right driver for it and i cant find a copy of the driver file anywhere :(
What did you do with the ISO image which you extracted from the RAR files ? If you just extracted the files out of the ISO image into a folder (using winrar or the like) and ran setup.exe from there it will NOT work properly. The first part of the install will succeed but the latter part will fail with no obvious error message and things just won't work.

You either need to burn the ISO image to a DVD and install from the DVD, or use ISO mounting software (like MagicDisc) that can mount an ISO image as a drive letter and run setup.exe from that drive letter. (That's the way I do it, especially as my netbook doesn't have a DVD drive!)

If you have run setup.exe the right way and you're still having problems with the ACTIA device drivers you can download a driver installer separately here to re-install the driver by itself:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!DRpzjbrR!KfjItCA3biZjfgedAJhQ8g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Setup Drivers Diagbox.rar is the device drivers, PSA interface checker is an app that can check/upgrade/downgrade the firmware on the interface, although from memory I think it can install a copy of the ACTIA device driver as well.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Just trying to get one working so gave up on the VM side of things. Also diagbox wont launch the installer inside the VM so just threw the towel in as want to get it done today :(

I ended up using the ISO from the DVD that came with the unit and put it on a USB stick and then mounted it with magicdisc and ran the install from there. It installs and activates without issue following the guide but then plug the actia unit in and just nothing :(

I'll check the drivers and the device checking software in a few mins but having a short break from the screen before my eyes go chevron shaped!
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

WOOOO all working now!!

Just re-ran thru the actia driver install from the command prompt and running now!!

Wont worry about the lexia bit at the moment but will go and play with it in the C5 after dinner!! WOOOOOOTTTTT
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

The latest available version (per my knowledge) is 7.38 ... so if you want to try risking a bit more, you could try an upgrade further still ... :D
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Well i think i may upgrade as im stuck AGAIN now. The diagbox software runs and recognises the actia is plugged in but when i select my vehicle i get given the options of LEXIA or SCAN TOOL.

selecting either of these just gets a pause for a few seconds and then back to the same screen :(

I think i've fixed the screen res issue as even though im using it on a laptop with 1920*1080 it was going off the right hand side so adjusted it in an ini file to 1024*600 and it seems better now other than this issue which still prevents me from using it :(
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

KP wrote:Well i think i may upgrade as im stuck AGAIN now. The diagbox software runs and recognises the actia is plugged in but when i select my vehicle i get given the options of LEXIA or SCAN TOOL.

selecting either of these just gets a pause for a few seconds and then back to the same screen :(
I hate to say I told you so, but I did already explain that the Lexia app won't work on 64 bit Windows, now you see why first hand...

(For the technical reason behind it, Lexia is a 16 bit windows application - yes dating back to the days of Windows 3.1, and 64 bit versions of windows cannot run 16 bit code, because an Intel processor operating in 64 bit mode cannot run 16 bit code)

A 32 bit version of windows either natively or within a VM is your only option to get it working.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Dam it!

Is there nothing in diagbox itself that can run or is it just a fancy ui for lexia?