2005 Citroen Berlingo 1.9 DW8 Fuel Pump Issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: 2005 Citroen Berlingo 1.9 DW8 Fuel Pump Issue

Post by CitroJim »

I've only just caught up with this thread :roll: :oops: That's a seriously good ee-armouring job Dean :-D

Sent you both a PM on this subject... Contains a lot of what you've just said really Andy...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
deanbayley

Post by deanbayley »

Hi Guys,

All cutting was done with the pump like this:

When i took the fuel inlet pipe of and the sleeve below that the roll pin goes into i stuffed some tissue in before proceeding, blew it off with compressed air, took tissue out, put the inlet to the bottom and spun the pump backwards so the diesel could run out and wash any little bits out..

Thanks for the advise though..

This is my mates 03 plate Berlingo, he turned up today and just out of interest i had a look to see if could see if the solenoid was the same as mine and look what i found!

He said if i can't find the right solenoid he'll pop back and i can take his out and see if there is a model number on it..

Also checked the feed on the van and with ignition on there is 2 lives and an earth..

There is a tag on the top of these pumps with a voltage on them, any idea what that's about?

Thanks for the answers so far!

I'm going to get a pair of big mole grips and a dead blow hammer to hit them with..

D.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Ah-ha :-D Well it shows a suitable stop solenoid is available to replace yours. Excellent stuff.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
deanbayley

Post by deanbayley »

Woohoo!

Here is some close ups of the hole and tip

The thread is M12 x 1.5, the solenoid has a rubber seal which is around 5mm long which just pulls off, so i'll build it back up now and post when shes running..

Also i plugged the solenoid into the van, ignition on, NOTHING! Bloody thing..

Thanks again guys!

Dean.
deanbayley

Post by deanbayley »

All Sorted!

Bled it through with the injector pipe unions disconnected, started first time..

Took me about 5 seconds to figure out why it wouldn't turn off when i turned the key off lol...

Been in touch with FLAG and ordered 82-1551 & 82-1006..

Should be here Tuesday, will let everyone know how it turns out...

Thanks for the help!

If anyone needs any help in the north east i manage a Garage/MOT Station..

Dean.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

That's excellent news then its running. :)

lol @ it kept running, yes it is easy to immediately forget doing that I know.

Regarding the 'keep it clean' post a few posts back, was not teaching you to suck eggs :) , was more a general thing for those who read this via a search etc, and its also difficult to initially determine the posters skill level sometimes too, better I posted it than have swarf floating around I guess. :D

Good to know its all OK.

You can use in most cases one of the wires from that four pin plug, one will be an ignition supply to the module, I did this to mine. An alternative if you're really stuck in most cases is the reverse light switch feed as tis not too far away.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
deanbayley

Post by deanbayley »

Hi Andy,

No not at all mate, its good advice..

What I'm planing to do is pull out the fuse for the solenoid and hopefully one of those 12+ feeds will disappear, that's the ignition supply (well atleast acording to autodata!)..

Going to put a terminal on the wire and a rubber boot over the solenoid (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170682119870) so it'll all look standard..

The central locking key will lock but wont unlock and is that worn that it doesn't operate the door lock, spare key doesn't look like its been used and operates the locks just fine so rather than paying for new remote keys and coding, ordered this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360146702486) remote central locking, remote start (which would normally new very difficult if the factory solenoid was in), immobiliser and auto window roll up, will put that in when I install the handsfree kit and new radio and ahem.. ahem.. sub woofer.. yes I know its chavy but when the Mrs found out she was pregnant we bought a new Fiesta for practicality and there is no point putting it in that because it'll only have to come back out again in 5 months, going to mount in on a shelf so the load space is still usable..

Will let you know what happens on tuesday..

Dean.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

You're welcome.

Funny you mention the solenoid boot I was looking for one for a Bosch solenoid a bit ago but could not find one then saw that MG one and thought that would be ideal, but never got around to getting one. I had to change the solenoid on mine as it did not have a thread, it relied on a cap which did not really stay in place without the armouring (I cable tied it in place for two days until I obtained a 'normal' solenoid) , as it looked a bit too small to risk trying to cut a thread into the 'nipple' , its been 100% since then.

Regarding diagrams, I do use them but tend to not rely on them 100% as there seems to be some odd and sometimes wild variations.

What I did was once I'd found the wire out of the four with an ignition supply was to solder / heatshrink a ring terminal onto it, and cut the others short (at the plug more or less), and heatshrink them closed. It looks almost factory in a way.

CL kit looks OK too. :) , The fault could be the microswitch in the actuator though, mine sometimes does this too, it will *always* unlock everything with the key in the door, however its a 1/10 chance of it locking them, same if you operate the button. I do have a working remote now (from a Saxo on a 106!) but it works, a lot of butchery to make the blade fit into the ~ shape for the Saxo key though but its held in with a rollpin so its not going anywhere. :D (probably) , I do have a replacement new old stock actuator too (they are the same as a 205 one on mine) but I've not got around to it yet.

Anyway let us know how you get on. :)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
deanbayley

Post by deanbayley »

Hi Guys,

FLAG diesel must post on Saturdays because guess what just arrived!

Between 82-1551 & 82-1006, 1551 seems to pull in a little further by about 1mm so i went with that, works just fine, immediately stopping the engine.

Just got to wait for the other stuff to arrive now and we'll find out why the central locking aint working properly..

Cheers guys..

Dean.
brianday

Post by brianday »

I found this thread which describes a problem I have been having with my Multispace 1.9D
- stop solenoid preventing starting sometimes

I ordered the FLAG part you recommended 82-1551

when it arrived on Saturday morning I opened it to have a look - repair is going to be done my my regular one man garage
unfortunately I dropped it on the floor - and I am not sure if I found all the bits?

please can you help
I have the main body
a red screw on protective shipping cover
and a small plastic and metal piston with a hole at one end

am I missing a small spring - or is that it
many thanks for a great write up
Brian
deanbayley

Post by deanbayley »

There is a spring that pushes the plunger out.. :(
brianday

Post by brianday »

Doh

will I have to buy another solenoid or can I get a spring from somewhere
deanbayley

Post by deanbayley »

To my knowledge you can't get the springs separately sorry..
brianday

Post by brianday »

well I tried to order another part
but they saw what I had done and sent me a free replacement spring which arrived today
great company Rivoustel
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you feel that they gave good service (and you are happy to do so) you could add them to this list;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... m.php?f=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!