Parking sensors kit fitting.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fastred
My Cars:

Parking sensors kit fitting.

Post by fastred »

I have purchased a set of sensors which I am going to fit to the rear bumper of my Mk 2 Xantia V6 saloon, as I have been having neck problems which make turning right round painful. The sensors need to be wired in with the reversing lamps which, of course, are in the tailgate, while the control box for the sensors will be in the boot.

Can anyone suggest a suitable point at which I could tap into the reversing lamp supply, presumably aft of the gearbox, as an alternative to running a wire from one of the lamps up the tailgate, round the hinge, into the car and then back down into the boot. Would it be simplest to run a cable under the car from the gearbox connector - I assume that there is one and that it is accessible, but have not looked yet.

Ideas please.

Thanks, fastred
hirsty
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Re: Parking sensors kit fitting.

Post by hirsty »

I tapped into the reversing light cable in the boot near to where it enters the cluster. Ideally you need to lay down under the rear to ensure when you drill the holes that you miss the reinforcing fins.

Keith
98 Xantia Mk2 2.0 16v Auto Exclusive 160k + Now gone to Citroen Heaven
2004 C5 Mk 1 2.0 8V VTR Estate - current. Now with leather.
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Post by rory_perrett »

Fitted a set this afternoon to my 2000 Xantia HDi. Took a power feed from the orange wire (I think marked C22) that runs in the wire bundle that runs along the drivers side sill and up the C pillar. There were only 2 orange wires in the bundle, I think the other was marked 320. Fitter the "beeper" behind the plastic C pillar trim (the one the rear seat belt comes out of.) Put the control box behind the drivers side rear quarter panel boot carpet. To get the wires from the bumper sensors I removed an existing blanking grommet which I found some distance to the left of the spare wheel holder bolt.
Last edited by rory_perrett on 23 Dec 2013, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.
fastred
My Cars:

Post by fastred »

Thanks, Rory, I will try that later today.

fastred
nonnus
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 2.0HDi Activa
Citroen C5 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by nonnus »

Hello... I have a '99 Xantia 2.0 HDI Activa and I have some issues about the parking sensors, I just bought a parking sensors kit and when I was going to install, I saw a problem... when I went to find out where were the positive and negative wires I realized that they were in the part of the boot that opens up... then I find out that it was at the passenger side the yellow plug-in connector with the (brown|yellow|brown) wires... so the 1º is the positive and the yellow is the negative.
But there is a problem, when I follow all the light wires whipped together through the rear boot until the roof and "pillar C" of the car (I took off the plastic of the pillar C) but I didn't find out those yellow and brown wires... Where are they?? The idea was to connect the wires inside the pillar and then connect to the central box, but I can't find the wires and because of that, there is no way unless to connect the wires near the rear light and then have to pass the wires outside the boot (strange!! :shock: :? )
Can anyone help or tell me the best way to connect those positive and negative wires??

nonnus