further advice on picasso front wheel,cracking sound? help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

HDI
i just run the cutting disc straight down through the swivle pin and cut the nut in two,

that is if they wont undo

regards malcolm
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

RichardW wrote:Deano,

The noise you describe does sound a bit like ours - get them to check for play in the brake calliper - it doesn't move much but it seems to resonate right up the stut into the car, and sounds higher up than it is - I was sure it was the strut top bearing to start with.
One way of checking whether it is the brake caliper is to apply light braking when negotiating a speed hump as that will load the caliper and stop it rattling around on the carrier.

Further to that I see that Citroen issued an Info rapid relating to Picasso's built prior to RP 9079 which mentions slack between the lower suspension arms and their mounting point, if your car was built prior to RP 9079 let me know and I'll post further details.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
aljhud
My Cars: c4 picasso

Re: further advice on picasso front wheel,cracking sound? help

Post by aljhud »

hi, i have the same problem, the cracking or knocking happens when the n/s/f drops into a dip then clonks when returning..doesnt do it when hitting a bump....so far have changed.....strut and top plate,including bump stop (courtesy of extended warranty)...link arm (anti roll bar to strut)......bottom ball joint...anti roll bar bushes are fine.....the mention of the info rapid relating to the lower suspension arm and the mounting point interests me....What does RP 9079 relate to?....my citroen dealership never mentioned anything about this when they changed the strut etc.....
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re:

Post by Gibbo2286 »

DickieG wrote: 09 Jan 2011, 10:09 On the subject of who should pay, on holiday last year I was speaking to a BMW technician who works at my local dealer, he stated that BMW now have a policy that any wrongly diagnosed warranty work costings get passed back to the dealer who then passes them back onto the technician. One of his colleagues made a mistake and was landed with a four figure bill to be taken out of his wages :shock: needless to say he left the company.

That is illegal and I believe it's a criminal offence, comes under what used to be called 'The truck act.' and more recently 'The wages act.' developed from the time when employers docked money from employees pay for all sorts of dodgy reasons.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

As for who should pay if the garage gets it wrong you're in difficulty trying to avoid all the cost because they are trying to diagnose a fault that is difficult to find and you must pay at least for the time taken for that diagnosis.

Everyone here knows that it's not always simple to find the origin of those pesky knocks and rattles.

Also I was pretty surprised at their hourly rate, cheapest I've seen for many a long day.

Just noticed the date of the original post in this thread...……...the resurrectionists are alive and well :-D
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I thought I'd leave you to have a little revel Gibbo! :-D
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 19:18 I thought I'd leave you to have a little revel Gibbo! :-D

Ta...……….. :)
picassodad
My Cars: pug306, citroen picasso

Post by picassodad »

So what was it at the end of the day?? reading early posts as the lads picasso is an early one....
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Post by oscar »

Pass think they was too bizzy bickering whose is bigger them or those?

but to me sounds like the bolt on platform that sits below spring platform some sort of spring safety cage as known for them to break and spike tyre "Phhhut" got it on mine have to keep whacking it up as they run dam close to inside of turret on outside of it so anything you bounce over causes it to rub/bash inner of turret pushing it down towards tyre!
Needs some modding with a hammer to bend in a bit so don't touch
Might have to bits cut slots down it bring inwards then weld up!!!

The other one could be with engine mount cracking metal as some have the bottom engine mount bolts come loose but read somewhere a few have had floor crack so needed welding up

Anti roll bar bushes on top of sub frame can give odd noises as drop links are more a tinkle noise
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Post by oscar »

Friend had his BMW 750iL spring broke took tyre out made a mess
picassodad
My Cars: pug306, citroen picasso

Post by picassodad »

Yep, will check that broken spring catcher. The lad's mondeo broke a spring and was 3mm from instant death, the sharp broken end of the spring would have dug into the tyre resulting in instant deflation and no steering........there is a god!

Hopefully the broken spring catcher is fastened to the lugs for the anti roll bar drop links??