berlingo horn and airbag fault! Com2000

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ifred

berlingo horn and airbag fault! Com2000

Post by ifred »

Hi Guys
Sometime ago my airbag light came on when all through the contact cleaning
tricks and tips fix it for a while then it can back fixed it again then it came back intermittent then became a permanent fault
Now I have a none working horn arggh!!!
Taken the airbag of taken steering wheel off clean the Com 2000 rotary connector no joy. I know a new Com 2000 is a lot of pennies for a common weakness of the component.So any good suggestion ?
Also I was thinking I might put the horn on a press button switch on the fixed part of the steering wheel cowling. Can anyone give me an idea how and where to pick up a live feed from?
Any ideas will be appreciated
By the way its a 1.9D 2003 berlingo in Spain :-)
spares are very expensive here as are also the breakers
Cheers
frenchcarnut

Re: berlingo horn and airbag fault! Com2000

Post by frenchcarnut »

ifred wrote:Hi Guys
Sometime ago my airbag light came on when all through the contact cleaning
tricks and tips fix it for a while then it can back fixed it again then it came back intermittent then became a permanent fault
Now I have a none working horn arggh!!!
Taken the airbag of taken steering wheel off clean the Com 2000 rotary connector no joy. I know a new Com 2000 is a lot of pennies for a common weakness of the component.So any good suggestion ?
Also I was thinking I might put the horn on a press button switch on the fixed part of the steering wheel cowling. Can anyone give me an idea how and where to pick up a live feed from?
Any ideas will be appreciated
By the way its a 1.9D 2003 berlingo in Spain :-)
spares are very expensive here as are also the breakers
Cheers
Hopefully someone here will be able to help as there are a lot of technically able and helpful individuals on here, but have you also tried the new Berlingo forum?

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk
04 C5 2.0 Auto HDi VTR
ifred

Post by ifred »

Any help on this guys
Check the Berlingo website its still quite new Will register and post a question
Cheers Chris
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Post by demag »

There is a "how to" article on there about the com 2000.
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
ifred

Post by ifred »

Yes there is a how to replace the comm 2000 unit from the aussiefrog original. But I need a little more in depth. this stops just where I need the help.
was hoping someone had dismantled the circuit board connection to the ribbon in the rotary connector. This is where I think the fault lies?
If I could take a feed of here for example it might work without an external push switch.
The original design here is really very poor
Regards
Fred
ifred

Post by ifred »

Any help here the Berlingo forum is still a little young and short of posters :(