2008 C5 DRL's

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

logiclee
My Cars:

Post by logiclee »

Brian,

I have an 09 C5 and actually tried another two C5's at the dealers a 58 and a 59 plate all do not have the option to turn on DRL's.
Dealer says it something to do with UK certification.
In the handbook the feature says "Depending on country", maybe cars going to Ireland have the feature enabled?

Cheers
Lee
2009 C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Auto. Storm Grey.
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

My car is a UK Spec - bought it from a Citroen dealer in Northern Ireland - - mind you it is an ex Citroen UK car so maybe it was enabled on it as a demo ? Mine is one of the 153 emission models so maybe there are other differences from the first models ?.

Brian
Flying KD

C5 DRL's

Post by Flying KD »

Hi Folks

First post here... be gentle.
I have a 2009 C5 Tourer ordered new in May 2009, dealer at the time emphatically said no DRL's even from a factory order.
This has been bothering me and with the car going to Europe for it's holidays I figured it was time to sort it out. I called another local dealer who said that it could be done; after checking that it was not available in the vehicle parameters the car was booked in. Now have DRL's on, unusually the rear lights are also on although the dealer said that would not happen and "lights on" icon on dash is on as front sidelights are also on.
The vehicle parameters now has the DRL setting enabled so that I can disable them if necessary.
Not cheap though for what was probably no more than 15-20 mins clicking of a PC mouse; £44.06!!!
deecee29

Post by deecee29 »

Have a 59 plate C5 Exlusive,
DLR werent an option so took to the dealer, first one re programmed the unit and the option appeared, but the headlights and rears came on so took it to another, Freeborn in Fareham Today.

10 minutes and they are on and working correctly with no warning lights or rears.

Now all i need is to find a way of getting the DVD player to work while driving so the kids can watch it and i have the perfect car.
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Re: C5 DRL's

Post by Trainman »

Flying KD wrote: Now have DRL's on, unusually the rear lights are also on although the dealer said that would not happen and "lights on" icon on dash is on as front sidelights are also on.
The vehicle parameters now has the DRL setting enabled so that I can disable them if necessary.
If you have the sidelights on this is because the dealer has activated the auto sidelights, something that can only be done via a Lexia (diagnostic computer). DRL's are only shown on the front of C5's and C6's. I have seen C5's with their DRL's on so they must have the option. I'm wondering if this could be an 'EXCLUSIVE' only option :?
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
deecee29

Post by deecee29 »

Was told its just a case of getting it switched on properly at the workshop, took less than 15 minutes to do mines on a 59 plate so dont know if its something added to the later models.

All they do is plug it in download from france and set it up.
fifth_cit
My Cars:

Post by fifth_cit »

I have an '08 Tourer SX and have just switched on the DRL's from the menu as suggested above Vehicle Parameters, Lights. I was supprised they worked as on the SX many items in the handbook don't. I will keep them on now for darker months.
C5 III Tourer 2.0HDi SX
Previous Citroens:-
05 C5 Facelift VTR 2.0Hdi
03 C5 LX 2.0Hdi
51 C5 LX 2.0Hdi
96 Xantia LX TD
Rolly
New User

Re:

Post by Rolly »

deecee29 wrote:Have a 59 plate C5 Exlusive,
DLR werent an option so took to the dealer, first one re programmed the unit and the option appeared, but the headlights and rears came on so took it to another, Freeborn in Fareham Today.

10 minutes and they are on and working correctly with no warning lights or rears.

Now all i need is to find a way of getting the DVD player to work while driving so the kids can watch it and i have the perfect car.
Hi,

Became a new member this morning, so here is my first question. I bought a C5 Exclusive Tourer 2009 with 2.7 liter HDI engine. DRL are build in standard and are very difficult to replace. I would like to replace the standard light bulb with LED. The bulb is mounted in a socket and according to Citroen In Belgium (were I I live) the bulb cant be removed from the socket, thus need to buy a complete set. I would love to have LED since mounting the light bulb is not an easy task, as far as I am informed the bumper has to be removed.

Is there anywhere I can purchase a complete set with LED ? Are there any other solutions

Appreciate an answer. BR / Rolly
fifth_cit
My Cars:

Re: 2008 C5 DRL's

Post by fifth_cit »

Mine can be accessed via the menu, vehicle parameters if I recall. On now for the winter months.

Keith
C5 III Tourer 2.0HDi SX
Previous Citroens:-
05 C5 Facelift VTR 2.0Hdi
03 C5 LX 2.0Hdi
51 C5 LX 2.0Hdi
96 Xantia LX TD
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Post by Richard_C »

On C5 III You get to it by a quick press - not press and hold - on the left hand wheel/button on steering wheel, but only when car is stationary and engine running (not sure if handbrake needs to be on as well). If car is moving you get something different. Once there you can scroll/press through various things and like Brian says its under parameters-lighting.

My 2010 version is 'ordinary', they went LED sometime after that. Its a VTR+, not an exclusive.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

DLR bulbs can be changed without taking off bumper, at least if you have small hands. You´ll need a T40-key like this: Image

The shorter part of the key should be as short as possible because there´s not much room. I also used a "security cord" to attach the key to my wrist so I wouldn´t lost it inside the car if dropped. You don´t have to disassemble anything, just feel and find the base of the bulb, and twist it open with torx-key. Original DLR-bulbs can be easily disassembled, and one can easily plug an G4-led bulb on the plastic-base instead of the original bulb.

I tried these Image

They fitted fine and brightness was nearly good, but unfortunately they don´t seem to hold together when installed in car. Both of the pair had at least two leds broken after few weeks. I have no idea of bright enough G4-led that would last in this use. Tip me off if you can. :wink:
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Yep, DRL can be enabled from Vehicle perameters - Lighting - tick the relevant box. Can also disable the ones that light up the kerbs and offside on corners. Well it works on my 2008 Exclusive.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
radoica
My Cars:

Post by radoica »

Well, cars from specific country cant. As example my C5 X7 2009 from Belgium did not had option to enable it in Vinchile parameters. Only option I had is to connect Lexia and turn it on. After that, i got option in Vinchile parameters "Daytime running lights".
sergiup

Post by sergiup »

I'm going to jump on this thread as well, since I asked the same thing here; '59 VTR+, so it looks like I'm going to end up getting a Lexia kit and switching the display option on.
'59 C5 2.0 HDi 138 VTR+ - "wicked red"
Previous: '51 1.9 TDi Passat
sergiup

Re:

Post by sergiup »

BrianM wrote:Maybe there were changes made to the menus but the DRLs on the 09 C5 can be turned on from the console - Vehicle Parameters, Lighting . It enables the lights under the headlights alright.

Brian
09 C5 Exclusive
That option won't appear until it's enabled to appear in the first place; mine's a 59-reg and the option isn't there, it needs to be enabled first with Lexia.
'59 C5 2.0 HDi 138 VTR+ - "wicked red"
Previous: '51 1.9 TDi Passat