Xantia fan stopped working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mac70
My Cars:

Post by Mac70 »

My blower & demister are being erratic too & the local garage has just told me I need a new ignition barrel from Citroen to solve it. Is there a cheaper way?(Im no mechanic)
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

It's not the barrel as such that needs replacing, but the switch and barrel come as a single part, even though the switch can be separated from the barrel.
If the full assembly gets replaced, you then have a new, different key for the ignition.
If they didn't mention that, it means that they will replace the switch only, and pocket your money for the barrel.
They may also do the relay modification as discussed higher up, and say nothing, because that's the cheapest way to do it.
If you're not mechanicking, I don't think this would be a good job to start off with.
Maybe try to find a tinkerer on this forum that's handy to where you live, and pay him with a brown envelope. :twisted:
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
johnway
My Cars:

Xantia Blower Motor

Post by johnway »

Hello,
For more info on this subject pleas look at my posing Xantia Blower Motor. I am obviously not alone - has anyone tried the transistors mentioned with success? If so which ones?
John.
My chariots : 2002 Pug 406 110 HDI Executive Estate 138K
1995 Citroen AX 1.0 Debut 26K
I Blame it all on my Dad!! (Sadly had to give up driving & his 2nd BX) but Mum still has a C1.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I have replaced the transistors on two XM blowers with 100% success, that's providing of course they are the problem. You have to check first that you have 12 volts between the thick red and black wires on the blower, if you dont, the problem with the XM, I dont know about the Xantia, is usually the fuse/holder just behind the battery. Any of the transistors I listed should work.