Rear suspension bearings.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Rear suspension bearings.

Post by user_3150 »

Morning everyone, Just got back from a lovely holiday in Brittany, although the car drove perfectly I am still getting this annoying clunk from the rear n/s suspension on larger potholes. On doing a search it looks like the suspension bearing has gone. Just one other thing, when I did some Citerobics before leaving the back was going up o.k but about halfway down it would stop then start again in a jerking motion (sorry can't describe it any better). All I would like to know if possible, is could this be the bearings and if so how much of a job is it. I see they are only £10 a piece on GSF online so would it be worth doing both sides. Many Thanks in advance Alec.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Sounds like bearings - never done it myself but a search on here will reveal all. Its much the same as a BX so those postings will be valid as well.
Sounds nice to do both but near side do seem to fail first so its up to you. As they are separate you will be doing them one at a time anyway.
I think you will need a new plastic tube which comes in the kit. I'm not sure but the estate bearings may be different from the saloon.
jeremy
user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Post by user_3150 »

Cheers Jeremy, Will look in search engine a bit more in depth than my previous look.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Don't buy the kit. The bearings won't fit. The estate need bearings which are slightly larger. GSF do the bearings but not the plastic tube. You'll need a Cit dealer for those but they're only a couple of quid.