Hydraflushing?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Post by user_3150 »

Thanks rg and oscar. I won't be doing it yet it will be in the next few weeks but when I have done it I wil let you know how I got on. I have also found in the search engine the "how to" guide on doing this job which will help.
user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Post by user_3150 »

Morning everyone. I can now add fluid changing to my list of job's I CAN do on a Citroen. It turned out to be quite easy. My main problem was getting the tank out as the rubber bung was holding it quite well and I could see my car and myself getting covered. As suggested in this thread I may siphon as much as I can before removing the tank next time. Now just wait for 2000 mile's then replace with LHM. Thanks for all your help and hint's. Just one more thing the fluid that came out was filthy and so were the filter's. The car has done 62,000 miles do you think it has ever had a fluid change? I ask because it SHOULD have had a FULL Citroen service history up until I bought it.
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

Post by c.morewood »

Does anyone have an idiots guide to Hydraflushing? i.e step by step
I'd like to do a bit more of the servicing myself (tried a sphere change the other day.. broke 2 tools.. so left it to the garage.they were cursing me.. broke 1 of their removal tools) so I thought I'd try the Hydraflushing since its about 70k since it was last done.
Sounds relatively easy . I'd just like to get it done correctly.
Chris