SP Tuning Remap.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rossd</i>

Well the results are great. Much more torque from tickover upwards, and fantastic in gear times.
30-50 (3rd): 3.5 seconds
30-50 (4th): 6 seconds
50-70 (5th): 7 seconds
50-70 (4th): 6 seconds
All times are approximate, but the increase from standard is noticable. Jamie who did the work, is a really friendly guy and very polite. He has given me a copy of the original ECU maps on CD should I ever want to go back (Not likely!!)
All in all, recommended.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
SOunds impressive, 50-70 in 5th is now quicker than your previous 50-70 in 4th gear. Does it physically seem to pull more?
Cheers
Paul
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Oh yes, much better. Whereas in standard trim the acceleration is linear all the way from about 2000 rpm, now there is a definate increase in acceleration from 2500, another at 3000 and another at 3500 rpm. Below 2500 there is a lot more 'stump pulling' torque. When giving it some beans there is no smoke, and the temperature doesnt seem to increase any more than it used too.
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

Post by c.morewood »

I'll await the mpg results with interest!!
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Yes, I'm going to fill up today and drive around in normal mode (compared to boyracer mode!). I'll report back in a week or so when I fill up again.
user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Post by user_3150 »

Well worth the money isn't it Ross. My wife has been using the car for work this week and she said that it's easier to drive more responsive with better pick up. I will also update on mpg figure's when we fill up next. Currently doing 600-650 per tank to reserve light.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Alec</i>

Well worth the money isn't it Ross. My wife has been using the car for work this week and she said that it's easier to drive more responsive with better pick up. I will also update on mpg figure's when we fill up next. Currently doing 600-650 per tank to reserve light.
What size fuel tank does the Xant have? Bigger than the Xsara? I dont get those mpg - I get about 450 from empty (with the light on for a bit) to full (one click on the pump). Or do you fill it till it will take no more. maybe i just drive too fast!
howiedean
My Cars:

Post by howiedean »

60 litres. Expensive to fill up[:(]
c.morewood
Donor 2023
My Cars: '00 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 65K "W"
'99 Xantia 110 bhp Hdi SX Estate 310K SORN "V"
'98 Xantia 1.9TD SX Estate 150K Sold "T"

Post by c.morewood »

only 60??? mine takes 72 litres empty to full.. I have managed 900 miles on a tank.. but thats motorway at 65 mph.. the usual is about 840.
I can usually count on at least 100 miles from the red light, but not if driving in town.
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

Gav, the derv doctor (www.thedervdoctor.co.uk) is expert at fitting a front mounted intercooler to 90hdis with breathtaking results. I think his current best output is about 160bhp. That should teach the VW dervs a thing or two!
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by macaroni</i>

Gav, the derv doctor (www.thedervdoctor.co.uk) is expert at fitting a front mounted intercooler to 90hdis with breathtaking results. I think his current best output is about 160bhp. That should teach the VW dervs a thing or two!
I bet he charges quite a few quid to fit an intercooler though, do you know his prices?
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird »

Only after tuning my Xantia HDi I found out the engine was broken! [:D]
What a difference!!! [8D] Before you had to keep it above 1500RPM, now I can easily drive at 1100RPM at any speed. Feels exactly as a petrol V8 5 liter! [:0] [}:)] [:p]
It was a clean (undetectable) tuning by clever software remap.
Highly recommended!!!
macaroni
My Cars:

Post by macaroni »

I don't know his prices for that work, but by all accounts, his prices are fair and reasonable. Everyone who has had work done by him rates him. Check him out on www.psooc.com, his username is Galv.
user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Post by user_3150 »

Paul I put in about £50 on most fill up's (a couple of click's). I expect I have a bigger fuel tank unless you are really lead footed.
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Alec</i>

Paul I put in about £50 on most fill up's (a couple of click's). I expect I have a bigger fuel tank unless you are really lead footed.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> [:D][:D][:D]
Alec I need cruise control! If I had that i wouldnt get carried away. I did go through a spate of trying to drive at 65mph on the motorway but i just cant do it. Feels like about 5mph not 65 [;)] .Hopefully save some fuel via my newest purchase- Ive been a successful bidder on a secondhand psi motorsport tuning box on fleabay
( http://www.dieselchiptuning.com/ or http://www.psi-motorsport.com/ ) won it for 90squids (rrp for a new 'un is near 400 - who would pay that though when remaps are so cheap these days?). I did try and buy one of these before but the sale fell through.
Apparently it has 4 different fuel maps set up which you can swap to, one giving less power than standard, one that gives standard power and then another 2 with greater power. It also says on the companies site,
"The power increase is achieved by dynamically re-mapping (digitally, in real-time) the duration of the hydraulic injector opening times to the ECU input parameters to give optimum fuelling."
So if it does what it says on the tin Ill be quite happy, if not, theres one born every minute on ebay so I wont have a problem (as long as they dont use this site [:I] ) Lets just hope it fits first anyway. It should be here tommorrow [:D], I will have to resist putting it on though as cambelt change (should have been last week!) is on friday and dont want to tempt fate putting it on before the change.....
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

You'll like the PSI box, it works a treat on the C5 HDI 110 too!