SP Tuning Remap.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

SP Tuning Remap.

Post by user_3150 »

Has anyone had this done to there HDi and could you let me know good / bad points about doing it. They can be found on e-bay Just type in "HDi Tuning" in the search. They do all the Bosch HDi's and have good feedback. I am really looking for better fuel economy and undetectable tuning so I don't want to add a chip. Any opinion's on this most welcome Good or Bad.
madmanbob
My Cars:

Post by madmanbob »

I too have noticed this upgrade on ebay and must say that I'm tempted to try it on my Xantia HDI 110. I will wait for feedback from others first.
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

It look's good doesn't it. I'm probably going to do it anyway so will let you know if I do.
pete_wood_uk
My Cars:

Post by pete_wood_uk »

I've had half an eye on a few HDi tuning threads over the last few months. One or two people on here have mentioned that they've had cooling problems after tuning - it may be that the Xantia colling system is only just up to the job. Then again, they may live in hotter countries than the UK...
Pete
madmanbob
My Cars:

Post by madmanbob »

Pete, You mean like I do?
Bob T
Dordogne, France!
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Well I'm going for this on my 306 HDi, so I will be the test mule if you like. Donations welcome [:D][:p]
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

Hi Ross, I have booked mine he is coming tommorrow I will let you know how I got on.
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Excellent, he is coming to me on Monday 9th. Perhaps you could post some answers when he has been and the car has been chipped:
Does he simply plug in a Laptop to the diagnostic port??
Do you notice anymore smoke when its been done?
Oh.... and how does it perform [:D]
Edit: Its a Speed-Buster upgrade that he performs, His site states 90 - 120 bhp but speed-buster state a more realistic 116 Bhp and 193 lb/ft. I'm looking forward to this.....
drpau
My Cars:

Post by drpau »

I enquired about this with him about 6 months ago- at the time he was only advertising for 206/306s c5s and xsara picassos - I asked if I won the auction would he do my xsara hdi- he said yes but not at that price - (he added on another hundred quid which took it to near upsolutes price). He said it was a special promo price for those cars which was obviously rubbish as they are advertised all the time on there and have the same engine as the Xsara hdi anyway. It seems now he has decided to cover the Xsara.
He does seem to have good feedback though....
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

I belive he does just plug into the diognostic port. He said it takes a couple of hour's. I can't wait.
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

We look forward to hearing about the results!!!
cornishbx16v

Post by cornishbx16v »

is this much the same as recalibrating the fuel pump to pump the fuel inat the right time???? i have heard of a coule of companies that offer the recalibration job and thats supposed to add 15% power and 20% economy????? i think it was van aiken tuning????
(it wont directly affect me but my bro's wife has a 306 xtdt!!)
rossd
My Cars:

Post by rossd »

Its similar in principle, but the HDi's use electronic management and so a new 'map' of values is overwritten into the memory of the ECU. These values may use more injection advance, hold the injectors open longer and can vary all over the rev range. It usually gives bigger increases with less smoke than the older XUD screw twiddling method!
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

Just been out for a spin WOOHOO she fly's. The Turbo cut's in just over tickover and keep's going and going and going. Even gentle driving you can feel the pull with hardly any throttle. Absolutly brilliant I would recommend anyone with a HDi to do it. I spoke to Jamie the guy who does the work and he say's the whole system is altered i.e Fuelling, Turbo cut in + boost, Timing/Ignition. The whole lot. It is a diffrent car to drive so much more responsive and drivable. I will let you all know how I get on with the fuel economy side soon. Oh and the engine is also quieter and doesn't smoke as much as before. Brilliant!!
Let us know how you get on on Monday Ross.
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

And it takes about 45 mins or less and only 20 to 25 mins for a Peugeot HDi