Pollen Filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Pollen Filter

Post by user_3150 »

Is £20 a good price to pay for a genuine Citroen pollen filter? Does anyone know the RRP on these? Also if I change it will it stop my car smelling like sweaty feet when the a/c is on?
Gregg1100
My Cars:

Post by Gregg1100 »

<font color="blue"><font size="2"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><b>Hi,
Pollen filters from GSF are only £8+. Even with postage they are still £8 less than you are being charged. Nearly a - Buy One Get One Free,[:)].
Regards
Greg </b></font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size2"></font id="blue">
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

The smell is probnably being caused by a pollen filter that hasn't been changed for some time. So maybe when it's removed, if there is space to place it in there with the pollen filter, a small air freshner could be included with it, obviously it would have to be secured, as you wouldn't want it dissappearing along the air ducting pipes.
Although I assume the above method will probably not work, due to there only being just enough space for the pollen filter only, so the pollen filter could be sprayed, and therefore impregnated with an air freshner, scent or perfume which would help to clear out the "sweaty feet" smell from the air ducting system. This would also help to keep it fresh in the future, and could be an idea worth trying out.
I realise that air freshners will be used in other ways, I.E. hung from the rear view mirror etc, but if this method is used, and probably in the latter way, and not the former then the smell in the ventilation/heating/air-conditioning could be attended to at source rather than dealing with it afterwards.
I would also check the air intake for the ventilation system, as this can also cause problems, it should be kept clear, and free from debris.
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

Thanks for the advice guys I will try out the air freshener idea. As for the GSF filters how often do they need replacing and are they as good quality as the Citroen filter.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

GSf pollen filter that I have had are OME. and have lasted the distance as per Citroen badged ones.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Try running the aircon with the heat turned up fully. The warmth will dry out the pipework and kill off the bacteria.
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

I think I will get a GSF one then and thanks for all the advice.
spanners123456
My Cars:

Post by spanners123456 »

you need to buy an air con cleaner its a spray that you spray in to airducts and onto aircon condenser by the pollen filter the smell is being caused by fungus build up on the small radiator. around £10 even from main dealer
user_3150
New User

Post by user_3150 »

I saw something in a motor factors before that you just leave in the car with the a/c on but I can't see how it works unless I surpose you have the recycle air on as well
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Or a squirty bottle of Febreeze at around £3 blasted down the intake. Worked fine for me.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Comma do a squirty A/C cleaner for about a tenner at Halfrauds.