Sinker xantia scrap or keep, bosch fuel pump issues...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citronut
My Cars:

Re: Sinker xantia scrap or keep, bosch fuel pump issues...

Post by citronut »

the other end of the 4.5 pipe with 9mm flare nuts on goes to the safety valve, cant remember were it is exactly on a XANT, but on a BX it is on top of the rear N/S corner of the front sub frame, just behind the rear of the front suspension arm
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

The 9mm is pressure out to suspension.. it goes to the side of the gearbox the crosses to the front chassis via a curly whirly looped section... then runs along the under side of the chassis next to the PAS pipe and to the safety valves which is sort of under the lhm tank at an angle on the chassis leg thats 45 degree in angle.. if you look through the wheel arch on passenger side just where the hand brake cable goes through under the chassis its above that on the inside..

Have you tried the heavy handed way? Try a pair of mole grips to slacken it.. thats what i use on rounded unions.. ut guage it right so its not tooooo tight on the union to squeeze the inner pipe but not to slack to slip round. Removing inter ooler piles both sides should help here..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
PhilGreaves

Post by PhilGreaves »

call me cynical but I suspect the pipe is already fubared. Why else would someone over tighten it rounding it in the process? Also would an mot man/garage if found it to be leaking mark the leak? still trying to figure out the blue paint(!!) sorry but its bugging me.

Have been advised about cutting the pipe: thoughts? Options for replacing section of pipe?

thanks Malcolm/paul. I could see the pipe go curly then on inner wing but lost it at chassis leg. So basically inaccessible to move at that end.

Funnily enough my dad has some mole grips (whaks the + battery connector on with them) and I did think about using them but they are a bit cumber sum given the proximity to radiator pipes. But worth a try I suppose....infernal thing: c3 doesn't have this problem.

If it does come off and he pipe is ok can you just replace the flare nut itself? (thinking about getting it back on)

thanks guys really appreciate it- you can all have a ride in it some time ;) <everyone disappears>
Xantia Columnist xantia@CitroenCarClub.org
1984 Citroen BX 16 TRS (winner now with working PAS!!)
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

2009 Citroen C3 1.6Hdi 16v 90bhp Exclusive
PhilGreaves

Post by PhilGreaves »

nope mole grip failure: tis stuck fast.. and rounded...

just looking on ebay now for a replacement pipe otherwise I've been advised to send off to Pleiades to get a new union put on, but obviously rather ge a new one if I have to replace. Assuming I can replace it by detaching at other end...

sigh...infernal thing..
1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD SX (mk 1a. Jan 1994 with antisink valve. Restored by chevronics..new rear quarters fitted etc :shock: )

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Think ive just thrown one away on the last sx td that no one wanted anything from!!!!
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

if you send me the last 8 digits of your chassis/VIN No. i will get you the OE price and part No. from service citroen,
Regards, malcolm.

PhilGreaves

Post by PhilGreaves »

think im going to have to try to get the pipe off then measure then pleidaes for a new one? But yes I do have a local friendly dealer. 058A7034 (should be a jan 1994 TD sx 1.9 l reg etc)

Best way of getting to pipe? remove lhm tank? there isn't much access from beneath. (in fact I think the car has sunk even lower??!! I now have to wiggle underneath) But i'll go have another look from the wheel side rather than central.

thanks

edit
removed air filter housing properly again. Pipe leading from air filter housing around engine is cracked..and has oil in (turbo leakage again? as there was oil in other pipe too?? I swear it sounds fine when running!).

Right then im guessing that this is the safety valve and the pipe I want is a 9mm underneath? ( haven't quite found that yet), is it defo underneath and is it the only 9mm?

closer

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

are you sure its the pipe leaking, as the unit those pipes go into looks like the anti sink valve,
and they are famous for leaking at the O ring under the end cap
Regards, malcolm.

PhilGreaves

Post by PhilGreaves »

no pipe is ok except stuck/seized on pressure reg as above due to someone over tightening and rounding hence trying to get it off at safety valve end.

is this the safety valve? if so then I needs to disconect the pipe at that end and remove as part of the pressure reg then measure and get a new pipe (assuming you cant find a new pipe on service citroen!) lol im guessing they've been discontinued.

doesn't appear to be any leaks around the above component though difficult to tell as someone's been sloppy at refilling the tank!

thanks

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

here is a screen shot of the front susp supply piping for your car/chassis No.

pipe No 3 in the screen shot is the one you require,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlccxqhlja420 ... 5.png?dl=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and here is price and part No.

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
00005270AE HYDRAULIC TUBE 39.68 GBP 47.62 GBP 47.62 GBP

and still showing as available

i still think the unit shown in your picy's is the anti sink valve not the safety valve,

the safety valve has a pressure sensor screwed into one end, as that is what puts the hydraulic warning lamp out once system pressure is reached
Regards, malcolm.

PhilGreaves

Post by PhilGreaves »

wow I knew it was jan 1994 even though its not a sinker..no idea about the rest. lol no it doesn't have abs? ;) that'll take some reading.

nearly got it off, just have to find a saw to cut through pipe

£50 well i'll have to see. do we reckon that's cheaper/better than Pleiades?

ok well if that is the front anti sink valve then is the safety valve above/below/left right of that please?

sorry have looked at image now (no curls on pipe- not very accurate!!) I think the safety valve is to the right and down ish of the antisink valve/component i'm currently looking at?

oh for the love of god got everything off: even cut the pipe but cant get that rubber pipe off. thoughts it should just putt off right?

thanks

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i couldnt remember were the safety valve is situated on a XANT but Paul ( citroenxm ) described were it is in his post towards the top of this thread,

he said if you look under the wheel arch you can see it below the hydraulic tank,

the safety valve is just under the tank, so the S/V must be a bit further down,

i hope you aint cut the wrong pipe/s #-o

the screen shot dose not show the curly sections but they are in there in reality

which rubber pipe are you trying to get off?????
Regards, malcolm.

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

Mike are you sure it dont have ABS as it firstly stated it do on the birth certificate, and secondly it shows all the ABS components and part No.'s under ABS in the brake section on service citroen

:? :? :? :? :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

PhilGreaves

Post by PhilGreaves »

I was trying to get off the 9mm pipe. I cut the pipe that was stuck lol so either way I cut the right pipe. tis curly.

the flexi hose type that runs horizontally held on with jubilee clip. braided too? know which I mean. goes into press reg runs up to lhm tank area then round back?

it was a joke Malcolm. a few times mr mot man hasn't spotted that the abs light has burned out (intermittent sensory fault) and none seem clear, given that its 1994 whether or not it should have it!! lol

alright yanking/pulling on flexi hose isn't working lol. And 12mm pipe doesn't seem to want to go back in; thoughts people? (FCF is quiet and I need to pack up for night!!). just wont go back in initially for me to tighten with flare. New seal fitted. just wont go down far enough for thread to meet regulator. Still struggling to get flexi off too...

Nope given up...for now...back next Saturday!! or possible his evening, have followed facebook suggestions and tried slackening off mounting bolts on regulator to get wiggle room but still doesn't seem to want to go down far enough. have left it half in and put carriers around everything...

to quote my friend Nigel "more on this later". i.e how to get that bloody 12mm pipe in and flexi pipe off.

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

did you fit the seal into the reg first, or did you try fitting the seal onto the pipe first, the later is wrong,

the other thing can stop the metal spout at the end of citroen hydraulic pipes going into there socket is, if on removing them you slightly bent the spout between the start of the thread on the flare nut and the tip of this spout,
if this happens to me i find a ring spanner that fits onto the spout but not over the flare nut thread, and use this to ease the spout stright and inperfect line with the thread on the flare nut,

not so easy on 6.35 pipe as it is on 3.5

sorry i wernt sat at me complicator waiting for your shouts for help :roll: #-o :yikes: :eye: :eye: , but i had to got and collect her who thinks she should be obeyed from work
Regards, malcolm.