Cloned Car

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Subsonicnat
My Cars: Xsara picasso exclusive 2.0 hdi MPV 2004

Cloned Car

Post by Subsonicnat »

Hi Everyone,
Have bought a XSARA Picasso exclusive 2.0 HDi 2004.
A Little Monkey Down South I Presume has CLONED my registration Plate..
Apparently not paying a Toll Fee Dartford Area A428,??.
The Camera Caught it,And Yes it is my Reg Mark..
Have informed the Police and can only hope they catch him sooner rather than later..
Spoken to other people who have had cars written off totally then find months down the line they get parking and speeding tickets.. There is some Scum out there..
anyone else had this problem,
Thanks for listening anyway lol.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Cloned Car

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've moved this the OTCL as it is better placed here than in the introductions :-D

Very interesting - of course the hassle is in the burden of proof coming down on you to prove it wasn't you. What a hassle! Do you happen to know if the vehicle the plate has been cloned to is identical you your own, model and colour wise?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

I have no experience of the Dartford Crossing but on the two occasions I've inadvertently transgressed some stupid local regulation in London (may it rot in hell) I've been sent photographic evidence and even a link to watch a short video. Does the same apply for the Dartford Crossing? That would (hopefully) tell you a lot.

Whenever I've changed a number plate I've made sure I've actually burned the old ones to avoid any risk of them being used elsewhere.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Subsonicnat

Post by Subsonicnat »

Hello,
I am very sorry if I posted in the wrong section,I was trying to say HELLO at first but got a little mixed up with what I should have said.. MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL..
But I do apologise..
I have written online to the people concerned and given them what I can only assume is a Crime Number, I Will Write a covering letter to company concerned giving them the Crime Number.
The Reg Number is quite clear,The vehicle concerned does look the same shape,it is in the dark so not that clear..I live in norfolk/cambs area and would not be seen dead anywhere near Dartford A428,where ever that is,I can only assume it is in London toll roads area..
Ii think London is a disgrace and only went to it on the bus 40 years ago,Never to go near it again.
they can do what they like A,, I will NOT PAY IT. Hope they Jail me so I can SUE the company concerned.. I think since they got a kick in the pants about parking clamping they have tried to turn to other ways to thieve off the motorist..
I am 75 years old and am in bed for 9pm,Why would I be down there 100 miles away breaking the so called law.not paying tolls..
Warning letters if it is Not Paid etc.. Damn Annoying to say the least..
Next,Rob a Bank,Murder somebody,Drive off not paying for fuel,,,The list goes on and on.
I want them caught quick...
Subsonicnat

Post by Subsonicnat »

Amazing Realyl,That Toe Rag has virtualy stole my identity,,insurance,tax,mot, now this.
what use is a camera if it cannot see the person concerned...
pity it didn't catch his face it would be a lot simpler..
Thank You MARC.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Oh crikey, what a malarkey! It's paranoia in our house - every receipt gets cross shredded. Mind you, the paper the receipts are printed on is so cheap and the ink fades so quickly, that you've probably got no chance of reading anything on them anyway after a week!

Start getting your alibi sorted Colin as no doubt they will want some evidence that you weren't there. If you want your VIN specs printed out (as evidence of your cars colour, options, engine and the like), just pop your VIN here and I'll gladly email it over to you in case it helps.

Marc
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

The problem with NPR technology is just that, it's limited to the registration number, what it's on is of little interest or consequence - any more than the circumstances of the registered keeper of the vehicle to which it was actually issued. That said, most villains are savvy enough to use the number from a similar model to the one they're using that month but I think actual number plate theft has gone out of fashion.

Of course it will only get worse as more & more charges are levied on us, by an increasing number of authorities & undertakings - especially when ULEZ kicks in!

b-t-w, the Dartford Crossing's not in London,it's on the M25, in Kent (although for anyone outside the Home Counties or, possibly, even "Greater London" that may be a distiction without difference)
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
Subsonicnat

Post by Subsonicnat »

Thanks for that Vin Ord,
Well,,,Today I had ANOTHER TICKET From the same company.
He used the same route Darford Crossing.
Phoned the police again,They didnt want to know said it was nothing to do with them,??.
Phoned the Company with the camera said it was a police matter and I should either pay up to close the issue.NEVER HAPPEN.
Phoned norfolk police,got shouldered off to to two office tarts who informed me it was being recorded,So I told her to F O..,,you are no use what so ever..
Keep the Fire Brigade,and the Dustbin men,they do their job..Get Rid of these toy boys...
Give them more money,,No,,Sack the lot..they are useless..
They are frightened to death of the caravan brigade ,,do drive bys when something is stolen,like a caravan the other week.
Owner traced it herself she was fuming,told them where it was they did a drive by,and they said it was too far away and wouldnt be able to identify it properly,,we are stitched all ways..
Phoned DVLA,Told me to write a letter and they would try and respond within a MONTH.
Christ how many tickets will I have by then..
If push comes to shove,may have to visit the area and wait,With a large A and sort it my way..
Nobody else cares,why should I..
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The does seem a general feeling from many affected by these issues of a reluctance to do any real police work now. If they are not sat all cosy in their police cars dishing out speeding fines for a few miles over the limit, they're not interested. Time and time again I'm hearing how people who have burglaries and other such incidents having to do all the work themselves - not good enough and they wonder why people are not on their side anymore.....
The number of unsolved cases has spiked form 47 percent to 64 percent in the past two years and in some areas nine out of 10 cases are closed without any action.

Burglary is on the rise again after years of decline with more than 400,000 crimes recorded last year and about half of those took place at people’s homes.

Many forces cannot cope with the pressure as they opt to deal with the crime over the phone rather than routinely attending the victims’ homes, according to The Sunday Telegraph.
Says it all really.

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

The simple answer to this is to stay calm, you know where your car is and has been they can do nothing but threaten to go to court which they won't do unless they have gone through all the hoops.

Write them telling them where your car is/was and in all probability they will go away and bother you no more.

I had a similar experience with a van I had for sale, I had a message frm the London police asking who was driving the vehicle on their patch on a certain day, I replied that they must have it wrong, they told me that it had been involved in a minor collision nad hadn't stopped to change details.

The van was actually on my forecourt at the time and its engine was on the bench being overhauled.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It is quite some years ago now but the cops turned up at a friends and demanded to know where he was and where was the car.
His wife gave them the keys to the garage to see for themselves where it was and told them to contact the Customs and Excise people as he was sailing off the north coast on a job for them and had been for a week.

The car had allegedly been in London under suspicious circumstances, they live in Sunderland and had never take that car to London
moizeau
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 91 BX TZD Estate. Dead but loved
407 HDI 136 auto
C4 2l petrol coupé
2010 Dispatch III HDI 90
AND a 1980 Z1000ST
AND a 1983 GPz1100 inj
AND a 1995 Zephyr 1100
AND a 1980 Z650 (my moped)

Post by moizeau »

I wouldn't worry, with the amount of NRC's, your car will have been in two places on several occasions. The chances are the muppet will have moved on to plague someone else.
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
Subsonicnat

Post by Subsonicnat »

Thank you ALL YOUR REPLIES..
I am at my wits end to know what todo.
My son suggested SORNING IT, But I would then be Done for using a car on the Road with no TAX,OH LOR..
Thanks for that GIBBO,But at my age taking the engine out is a No,No, I think.lol.
I sm 75,Heart problems,Wife just had a Stroke,Why the hell would I be a Hundred miles away.
I have to look after my wife,not do their job for them..
Dustbin man said they spend half the day in McDonalds,I can well believe it..
Thanks for Support anyway lads.
I wanted to talk about my car,,but is turning it all very sour now..
Bless yiu all anyway.
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

I'm afraid all you can do is respond to the notice explaining it was niether you, nor your car, that was caught on camera and that it seems the police have neither the inclination, nor the resources, to lie in wait, on the off-chance me laddo will do it again, in the same car, so that is on record & let the matter take its course.
I appreciate this is all very upsetting for you, but it's routine for the various agencies, this happens all day, every day, as there are probably 1,000's of untaxed, uninsured cars, many with the wrong plates, others simply not registered in the name of the current user on London streets. Many of the protests like yours are genuine - but many are people just claiming it wasn't them/their vehicle.
Applying a bit of lateral thinking, you could buy a cheap personal number - that'd fix him BUT, in all probability he'll have different plates on the car soon - if he still has it!
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
Subsonicnat

Post by Subsonicnat »

Thanks for the Reply on another Registration Plate.Bought one off DVLA..
Then When I Had bought The Plate. I Found out that The OLD PLATE is still in the BACKGROUND And makes NO DIFFERENCE..You STILL GET THE CHARGES Sent to You..
It is Still the GHOST NUMBER on Your Car For LIFE...??.

Now I have PAID £250:00 for the plate and it is not going to make the slightest difference.
What a s**t Country we live in,My car will be registered with NEW REGISTRATION..
The DART CHARGE THIEVES Will Still Say its my car.????????.
Nobody Wants to know..You own the the car Warts and all.
it would have been cheaper to pay the s**t .heads fines..
if I decide to find him. He Will Not See Next Christmas..
DART CHARGE CALL CENTRE ADDRESS IS AVAILABLE IF ANYONE NEAR LEEDS OR WHATEVER WANT IT.. FOUND THE BAS*****DS..