Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Picture(s) of the day..

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

I think it looks good in that sort of original form

This is one from 1953 which I posted up in the early days of the POTD thread-literally looks like a brand new bike.

Edit doesn’t like the image...removed

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 04 Nov 2018, 17:34, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That may have been a ready-built one direct from the Cyclemaster factory Neil, rather than a DIY job as Dad's and the black one above were...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Spot on there Jim, the caption for the photo reads...
https://roweryzsilnikami.wordpress.com/ ... clemaster/

1953 Mercury Cyclemaster
This Cyclemaster was very well restored by its previous owner.
It’s a rare model, fitted with Webb front forks.
Mercury Cycle Co is an interesting company: they were owned by the British government and established to export bicycles after WW2. They did not supply bicycles direct to the public, but manufactured frames for the Cyclemaster company.
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

A bit of a swerve but I was trawling through my Flickr! photos (Looks like they are going to dump them) and discovered this.
3604139358_334a8d1cf1_z.jpg
My youngest grandson in a Wisconsin zoo about ten years ago :)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

There were lots of them about when I was a kid, also the friction drive ones, can't remember what they were called but I expect someone will tell me.

Peter
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Cyclomotor? Sat on top of the front wheel - as an alternative to the whicker basket.
Chris
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Saw one of those in Holland many years ago Chris but never here.

Peter
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 20:39 A bit of a swerve but I was trawling through my Flickr! photos (Looks like they are going to dump them) and discovered this.

3604139358_334a8d1cf1_z.jpg

My youngest grandson in a Wisconsin zoo about ten years ago :)

I thought at first that was the set where they filmed episodes of the Clangers :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Random link of the day and another one to add to the red clocks list.

Anyone heard of Gamlingay? Me neither, but curiosity once more got the better of me.

Seeing as it was moped/motorised bicycle day yesterday I had a delve amongst the "engines" tab of the wonderful resource of oldbike.eu/museum

Had a look at the 1950's Raleigh Cyclemaster page, great close up photos, and saw that it had the original suppliers sticker "Alec Norman Gamlingay"

Well what would you know looking up Gamlingay on Wiki I find it is on the Cambs/Beds border and has a red (and black) Diamond shaped Church clock!

Gamlingay [CC0], by My another account, from Wikimedia Commons

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gamlingay is a lovely village :) I've ridden through it a few times on cycle sportives... Always a joy to see a lovely church...

In fact, if you want some more I can do lots around Rural Bedfordshire... Despite what one might think, the county is achingly beautiful and has some of the most delectable villages with awesomely pretty churches...

In short, Bedfordshire is a well kept secret... Don't base your impressions of it on Luton, Dunstable or Bedford ;)
Jim

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: Picture(s) of the day.. or many days

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I thought this might interest those of you who like recent historic pictures, it's pretty well all Birmingham stuff.

http://damsdeepzoom.shoothill.com/
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Picture(s) of the day.. or many days

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 05 Nov 2018, 11:44 I thought this might interest those of you who like recent historic pictures, it's pretty well all Birmingham stuff.

http://damsdeepzoom.shoothill.com/

That's a very clever website. I could spend hours there!
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Lest we forget...
Own Work
Own Work
My own little mobile tribute...
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I can see that this Sunday will be hard work for me, as there will be a LOT of commemorations going on. I will, as always, observe the two minute silence at 11:00.

I was fortunate in that both my Grandfather and my Great Uncle, both of whom saw combat in WWII, survived and I got to know them.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Good job your grandad did survive WWI James - just as mine did or neither of us would be here!!!

Sadly, neither of mine ever spoke about it and therefore I got no idea of what they did... I did know what my dad did in WW2 and so do my girls... Both they and I listened very carefully on the rare occasions he spoke of his wartime experiences...

We are halting all BCG Club bike rides in progress this Sunday at 11:00 for a two minute silence...
Jim