Picture(s) of the day....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: Picture(s) of the day..

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

This rainbow came and went over the space of a few minutes walking the hound this morning.
nfalc own work
nfalc own work
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That's a lovely rainbow :D There is, allegedly, a brand new V6 Activa under each end :)

It was a spooky at the Broughton Cycling Group today... Our Halloween Ride :twisted:
Attachments
BCG Facebook
BCG Facebook
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

We then spooked out the Bike Bus :twisted:
Own Work
Own Work
And then we rode around the villages scaring the children (and some adults) :lol:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

nfownwork
nfownwork
..like JLR! In the news again today.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... oss-of-90m

Still at least one person has taken the plunge and bought/PCP'ed one.

You can have one on PCP (without deposit) for 3 years for £841/month

Choice of 4 diesel engines/2 petrol and no hybrid/electric

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Land Rover has always had these up and down spells, my sister in law worked there for years in the trim department (Sewing the seats etc.) they were always on tenterhooks about job security, possible lay offs, when the sales fell.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
NewcastleFalcon

Gibbo2286 wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 10:25 Land Rover has always had these up and down spells, my sister in law worked there for years in the trim department (Sewing the seats etc.) they were always on tenterhooks about job security, possible lay offs, when the sales fell.

Too early for Jeremy Clarkson to do another insightful piece on

"Who Killed the British Car Industry Mark II ?"

Regards Neil

Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

£841 a month :shock: That's more than I have to live on per month... Comfortably more...

And I suspect that applies to very many... The mind boggles as to how anyone can afford such vehicles but they must as I see loads of them around these parts...
Jim

Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur
(Donor 2018)
My Cars: 405 naD Est

Post by Pug_XUD_KeenAmateur »

in typical 'Sequel' style, 'Who Killed the British Motor Industry' could never be as good as the original Neil.

I can't get my head around £841 a month for a car either.
Puxa
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Taken during the Hawker Hurricane Sportive last Saturday...

I'm on the right...
SportivePhoto.com
SportivePhoto.com
I think Martin, in his own way, is saying it is cold and wet...

It was :twisted:
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 07:55 I'm on the right...

and sporting number 8756

being a number noticer just googled this, you share a number with "Brutus"

Have a look!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Just as an aside to the JLR story.....

JLR ditched the Original Defender 2016 ish. only to be revived in a new more SUV-ey incarnation aiming to go on sale from 2019....Land Rovers 70th Anniversary and be a centerpiece of those celebrations. The new Defender will also be able to be sold in the US and Canada. The old Defender didn't meet their crash safety regulations.

Meanwhile they have a rival in the race to resurrect the Defender.

Chairman and Chief Exec of Ineos Chemicals, Jim Radcliffe has launched "Projekt Grenadier" named after a pub where the idea was first germinated, to build a proper "Defender" of their own with a £700 million investment. Speculation it may be Bridgend.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/busi ... 14126.html

Seeing as this is Picture of the day....here's a picture of the pub!

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 13:43
CitroJim wrote: 02 Nov 2018, 07:55 I'm on the right...

and sporting number 8756

being a number noticer just googled this, you share a number with "Brutus"

Have a look!

Regards Neil

:lol: Great stuff Neil! Love it :D I reckon Brutus and I are just about polar opposites...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Something incredibly special:

Kerry, a good friend of mine from the local running community is running 100 half-marathons in one year - the 100-1 Challenge - to raise money for our local hospice; the one I raise for too...

For a donation, Kerry is running in remembrance of a loved one...

This weekend she's running in remembrance of my dad :)
Kerry Shevlan
Kerry Shevlan
It's almost two years now since he passed away - never does a day go by when I don't fondly remember him. I'm highly honoured to for Kerry to run for him and his memory :)

Another way Kerry raises money for the hospice is through sports massage - I highly recommend and have one regularly :)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

I stumbled on this post of yours Jim coincidentally as you put up your picture of the day today
CitroJim wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 05:10
My dad ran Cyclemasters for years; I can remember them as a kid...

In fact, when I cleared mum and dad's house in 2005 I found a few small bits that were once on a Cyclemaster...

I was looking up the Cyclemaster as I remember posting some info up on them on the forum,, and one has just been sold at the Matthewsons Auction.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 03 Nov 2018, 18:10 I stumbled on this post of yours Jim coincidentally as you put up your picture of the day today
CitroJim wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 05:10
My dad ran Cyclemasters for years; I can remember them as a kid...

In fact, when I cleared mum and dad's house in 2005 I found a few small bits that were once on a Cyclemaster...

I was looking up the Cyclemaster as I remember posting some info up on them on the forum,, and one has just been sold at the Matthewsons Auction.

REgards Neil

Gosh Neil, that brings back memories... That could almost have been one of dad's :) Thanks!
Jim