Pickled Egg Jukebox-Your Selections

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 25388
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 6976

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-your virtual local!

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

The Pickled Egg aims to be the number one virtual Pub for serving car related ales....

Here's one featuring an ELVA, subject of a whatsthisthen? no less

Image

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
User avatar
bobins
Donor 2023
Posts: 5890
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 18:07
x 3011

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-your virtual local!

Post by bobins »

Marvellous, this round's on me :-D
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 25388
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 6976

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-your virtual local!

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

This one's just come in from Ontario Canada....Neustadt Springs Brewery to be precise...

Image

...Along with this from Alva, Clackmannanshire, Scotland

Image

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
User avatar
bobins
Donor 2023
Posts: 5890
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 18:07
x 3011

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-your virtual local!

Post by bobins »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:This one's just come in from Ontario Canada....Neustadt Springs Brewery to be precise...

...Along with this from Alva, Clackmannanshire, Scotland

Regards Neil

Both of them look like you need a knife and fork to drink them - just my kind of beer =P~
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 50157
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 6399

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-your virtual local!

Post by CitroJim »

We need a beer called LHM now ;)

In a green can of course...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 25388
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 6976

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-your virtual local!

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote:We need a beer called LHM now ;)

In a green can of course...
I think LHM should be served as a sophisticated aperatif with a measure poured into the glass, a sugar cube placed on a slotted silver "LHM" spoon, and pure spring water drizzled slowly over the cube drip by drip until the cube has dissolved.

The wait will simply increase the anticipation.

Comme ca...



Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 50157
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 6399

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-your virtual local!

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: I think LHM should be served as a sophisticated aperatif with a measure poured into the glass, a sugar cube placed on a slotted silver "LHM" spoon, and pure spring water drizzled slowly over the cube drip by drip until the cube has dissolved.
I quite agree :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 25388
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 6976

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-your virtual local!

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Just discovered this. A little shop in Coniston Lake District....Oggies Cards and Gifts

Image

They have an on-line business selling "pump clip" clocks, made from real beer pump clips.

They have organised the site into the various Counties and relaevant breweries. One of the best from a car-related beer point of view is Cottage Breweries from Somerset. You will see from the link that over the years they have produced loads of car-named beers, ideal for the PE. eg

ImageImageImage

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 25825
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 5000

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-your virtual local!

Post by myglaren »

Following the recent death of Keith Emerson, I nominate this for the jukebox, despite it being way too long for the normal criteria.



Embedding seems not to be working so:

My favourite track from my favourite LP, bought in 1970 and still in use (and as crackly as this clip).
User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 25388
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 6976

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-your virtual local!

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

My first recollections of Emerson Lake and Palmer was "Pictures at an Exhibition" given an airing on one of these in a music lesson.

Image

Image

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 25388
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 6976

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-New Jbox Selection-Music Vids feat Cars

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

....4 new selections for the PE Jukebox in the category "Cars featured in Music Videos"


Teardrop Explodes.....Austin Chimp in "Reward"
Tears For Fears.......Austin Healey in "Everybody wants to rule the World"
Chris Rea................Red TVR, and broken down Renault 5 in "Stainsby Girls"
Pet Shop Boys..........definitely an Austin Metro, and maybe an Austin Maestro! in "West End Girls"

Feel free to find others. There are loads.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
BenC5HDi
Not Mike
Posts: 588
Joined: 30 Nov 2015, 21:21
x 45

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-New Jbox Selection-Music Vids feat Cars

Post by BenC5HDi »

Just about any ZZ Top song?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
BenC5HDi
Not Mike
Posts: 588
Joined: 30 Nov 2015, 21:21
x 45

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-New Jbox Selection-Music Vids feat Cars

Post by BenC5HDi »



Miranda Lambert is one of my favourite singers. She's the blonde...

Some decent old American tin in this video.

Bonus pint of you can name the racing driver in the video, and also the big mistake - though that means paying attention to the lyrics and car rather than the ladies for a minute or so...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 25388
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 6976

Re: "The Pickled Egg"-New Jbox Selection-Music Vids feat Cars

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

BenC5HDi wrote:
Bonus pint of you can name the racing driver in the video, and also the big mistake - though that means paying attention to the lyrics and car rather than the ladies for a minute or so...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Well just about assembled the info necessary for the pint.

The racing driver is Danica Patrick, and I guess the car is not a 65 :!: more likely to be the year when Brian Adams bought his first real six-string at the five and dime.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
BenC5HDi
Not Mike
Posts: 588
Joined: 30 Nov 2015, 21:21
x 45

Re: RE: Re: "The Pickled Egg"-New Jbox Selection-Music Vids feat Cars

Post by BenC5HDi »

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
BenC5HDi wrote:
Bonus pint of you can name the racing driver in the video, and also the big mistake - though that means paying attention to the lyrics and car rather than the ladies for a minute or so...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Well just about assembled the info necessary for the pint.

The racing driver is Danica Patrick, and I guess the car is not a 65 :!: more likely to be the year when Brian Adams bought his first real six-string at the five and dime.

Regards Neil
You deserve a whisky chaser with the pint for all that, and you're correct about the Camaro being a 69 too!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk