Bah humbug! A retreat for those lacking in Xmas spirit

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Bah humbug! A retreat for those lacking in Xmas spirit

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:Christmas cakes do NOT count!
Quite so James. A good Christmas cake takes at least 10 weeks to mature and they can be enjoyed at any time :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Bloody hell fire :shock: is this a car forum or the Women's Institute baking seminar............ :rofl2:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Trainman wrote:Bloody hell fire :shock: is this a car forum or the Women's Institute baking seminar............ :rofl2:
I wouldn't know. I've never be to the Women's Institute!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:
Trainman wrote:Bloody hell fire :shock: is this a car forum or the Women's Institute baking seminar............ :rofl2:
I wouldn't know. I've never be to the Women's Institute!
You don't know what you’re missing :twisted:
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

And there is nothing girly about baking... :P Especially proper heavy fruit cakes...
Nothing to say that other topics cannot be discussed in this area of the forum :wink: :-D

I must say this topic is getting some early contributions but then again Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier every year now
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Why bottle it up? A whining post here or there might obviate a need for Andrews Liver Salts later on... :P
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:Why bottle it up? A whining post here or there might obviate a need for Andrews Liver Salts later on... :P
Quite so...

This thread can be seen as a valuable safety valve on the run-up to the festivities... :-D

A bit off-topic here but I also detest Halloween with an unbridled passion...

And I have a hatred of fireworks too...

Apart from that, all is very well indeed :-D
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i thought it were a requirement of this forum for members to be a bit fruit N nut/s, so there's your cribo cake base you just have to top it off with marzipan and royal icing
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:you just have to top it off with marzipan and royal icing
And that's exactly what I'm going to do Sir Malcolm :-D

I LOVE marzipan and Royal Icing... One of the delights of Christmas for me....

Trouble is, when I'm icing a cake I'll nibble at bits of both items as I'm doing the job... That's not good...
Jim

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

CitroJim wrote:
Trouble is, when I'm icing a cake I'll nibble at bits of both items as I'm doing the job... That's not good...
all that will power you have shown in getting your self fit and well, yet you cant apply it to topping your crimbo cake off :o :? #-o :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote:
CitroJim wrote:
all that will power you have shown in getting your self fit and well, yet you cant apply it to topping your crimbo cake off :o :? #-o :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2:
Sadly that's right Malcolm. I have a terrible sugar addiction I have to fight it. I'll sit eating spoonfuls of Muscovado sugar if given the opportunity... And with molasses or Golden Syrup I'm even worse...

It really is bad.. Totally addicted to the stuff :evil:
Jim

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Life member of the Halloween Haters here, too. I'm not American, don't want to be American. And fireworks scare the kitty. Not to mention the huge waste of money they signify.

I wouldn't be surprised if the love of sugar's related to some ASD type afflictions. My most intense cravings are usually for savoury or fatty things. There's a Dutch Indonesian dish called "patatje oorlog" which is bang on. Poutine is close, too. :-D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re:

Post by CitroJim »

addo wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if the love of sugar's related to some ASD type afflictions.
Naw, it's not that Adam, I just love sugar :-D

You and I are 100% in accord on why we both dislike Halloween and fireworks... Except they scare me..
Jim

lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

Why can't they come up with the figures for pollution on smoke and energy wasted for fireworks? I don't believe it is insignificant.
Any excuse for trade I suppose. Why is it someones "right" to frighten every animal in the land for a 2 week period every year?

Does it not show how stupid and sheep like humans are? The 3 sheep festivals really :rofl2: They should get a giant Cujo type sheepdog and round the lot up back into their Gyproc boxes. Oh wait a minute? they already have that............24hr bad news programming, banks and a thing called politics :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I've always detested Christmas, but this year I'm going to make a proper effort and enjoy it instead of being a miserable sod.

That said, no idea what I'm going to do on Xmas day as it's my first night shift out of 4 in a row, and the missus and nipper will be away for a few days (because I'm on nights)