My first Activa

Contains the Activa Register, Buyers Guide and Activa "finds" on eBay and elseware. Post Activa-specific items there that do not fall naturally into the Citroen Forum.

Moderator: RichardW

Skull
donor 2017

Re: My first Activa

Post by Skull » 01 Mar 2019, 16:55

After a run out the suspension fluid return hose was weeping more than normal leaving a small puddle of fluid, it had been weeping previously ^ and I had re-positioned and kept an eye on it but today I found a small tear on the tapered part of the housing so I've ordered a new one for a reasonable £9.99 off ebay

Citroen PART NUMBER: 95050399

I also had a look at the turbo while the car was up in the air after reading somewhere on here that I should be able to see the actuator/arm move approximately 15mm when starting the engine up - mine doesn't move at all even by hand so could that be my problem :?:

I've not got access to Lexia but have had no warning light at all yet just rough running and hesitation on full throttle still gets up to speed but I have to nurse it there :roll:

Skull
donor 2017

Post by Skull » 02 Mar 2019, 16:52

Skull wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 16:55

I also had a look at the turbo while the car was up in the air after reading somewhere on here that I should be able to see the actuator/arm move approximately 15mm when starting the engine up - mine doesn't move at all even by hand so could that be my problem :?:

Had my Xantia HDi up in the air and had a look from undeneath at my turbo actuator/arm on start up and it does indeed move a considerable amount maybe even more than 15mm so looks like I've either found another problem or a possible solution .......

Skull
donor 2017

Post by Skull » 02 Mar 2019, 22:40

From another thread Turbo.... oh yey
MikeT wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 11:08
madmaxgav wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 09:46
Starting to wonder if a vac pipe or two are the wrong way around or something so the actuator isn't doing a thing.
Easy enough to check - observe the actuator arm when the engine starts. It should retract about 12mm under vacuum.

Got the suspension return pipe delivered in 24 hours so will fit that tomorrow and have a look at the turbo [-o<

Skull
donor 2017

Post by Skull » 28 Mar 2019, 16:35

Skull wrote:
01 Mar 2019, 16:55

It does move by hand but requires more effort than I expected :oops:

I've had a play trying to get a vacuum to the actuator including bypassing the vacuum valve with a suitable pipe / removed the vacuum valve and I can hear it clicking and diverting when applying 12v, so that appears to be working. When the engine is running there doesn't seem to be a large vacuum to any of the hoses :?:

Anyone give us a clue :?: