Aircon blower stopped -Yr 2000 HDI - help

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

harryp
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Forte HDI 110 hatch in wicked red, SORN
Exclusive HDI hatch in quartz, SORN
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Aircon blower stopped -Yr 2000 HDI - help

Post by harryp »

Hi all,
My heater blower motor has been a little iffy of late and occasionally stops working. No amount of moving the fan speed control lever helps.... and then it will work merrily away of its own accord as if nothing had happened so I suspect a poor contact somewhere. I have just removed the instrument cluster to fix a sticky speedo using an excellent guide on this forum. Checking individual bits as I refit... Speedo is fine, but I now do not have any blow at all. ( I have BTW replaced the motor transistors recently and it was working well) I am trying to remove heater control panel for further checks and cannot see how to disconnect the flap cables or wiring plug in order to remove it. I have searched the forum and so far have not found a "how to". Has anyone carried this out??? As the dash ATM (cash free :wink: ) is not a pretty sight and I have no cooling draught, any/all assistance will be very gratefully received; esp as we are on holiday as from tomorrow..... Fortunately not travelling much but when we do it's in the Xant as preferred to the DS3. :shock: ....
Regards, Harry

2000 Nov Forte HDI 110 hatch in Wicked Red; currently SORN
2000 Mar Exclusive HDI hatch in Quartz; currently SORN
2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
Peugeot 207cc 1.6 Roland Garros
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Aircon blower stopped -Yr 2000 HDI - help

Post by RichardW »

Have you got 12V on the black and red wires at the blower? MK2s suffer from loss of power either to the power side of the blower relay (which is above the throttle pedal) or the switching side. Does the AC switch still light up? On mine I had to run in a new supply to the switch side of the relay, David Hallworth spent a long time tracing a fault, which turned out to be a loss of supply to the AC switch.
Richard W
harryp
(Donor 2022)
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

Thanks Richard, I replaced the instrument cluster and started the engine to check the rev counter and lo, the fan came on - perfidious beasts are they not..? I was interested to know the location of the controlling relay though. I now seem to have another problem. In dismantling the dash, the sampling fan has come away from its mount. It appears to be a push and twist fit, but I cannot get it in where it's supposed to go, not the slightest helped by the fact that the wiring for the clock etc is still attached and I am having to work blind. What is the technique for refitting it? It is unsightly but driveable and in the meantime will fit the drivers door window mechanism so that I have a working window and interior handle too! Regards and thanks in advance....

BTW, I would advise anyone checking the speedo etc to plug console in and turn ign on and off before finally refitting the needles; it is very easy to set it all up with meticulous care, only to find the needles 90 degrees out!! I also, after removing the console laid it flat on a worktop and took a few pics of the rest position of the needles as they are not where you would expect.
Regards, Harry

2013 C4 Picasso Excl E
harryp
(Donor 2022)
C4 Picasso Exc E, Wifes
Peugeot 207cc

Post by harryp »

Back to this again :? . Heater/aircon fan started playing up again. Yes the aircon switch lights up, but this happens without aircon, on fan only. Any ideas please?
Regards, Harry

2013 C4 Picasso Excl E