C5 Immobiliser Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

xantom
My Cars: Renault 16 - my first car bought secondhand in 1980. Lasted a couple of months before dreadful rust brought it to an end.
Renault 18 estate petrol. Bought in 1981. only new car I've ever owned and only because it was tax free to Forces in Germany. Lasted 18 months before accident write off.
Renault 18 saloon petrol. bought in 1988. lasted 3 years before accident and repair cost ended it.
Xantia Esate TD. Bought in 2006. First Citroen and bought because of the suspension and potential to run on veg oil. Apart from a stint owning a doomed C5 estate I've owned nothing but Xantia TD saloons and estates since. All have Bosch pumps so veg oil since 2006 for me.

C5 Immobiliser Fault

Post by xantom »

Hi guys, this is actually a new post but I can't seem to work out how to make a new post. Given up trying and hope someone reads this.
I've been brought home courtesy of Green Flag again. Stopped late on Saturday near Leicester for a quick nap on return to Lincoln from dropping number 3 son off at Heathrow for his return to NZ. Wife phoned and snapped me out of doze and I went to start car. Energetic turnover but no start.. After about 3 goes I got an Immobiliser Fault indication. Wife picked me up and I returned to the car on Sunday to try it, hoping quite irrationally that it might just start. It didn't. Excellent Green Flag provided mechanic called Stig tried intelligently for ages but couldn't get her to fire up so up onto the trailer she went.
All fuses have been checked: battery is new and charged: fuel pump buzzes on ignition. Stig's diagnostic kit said key being recognised so reckons it's something further into the system like the immobiliser's ECU.
Now the car is in Economy Mode and I can't lower the driver's window even to try a proper BSI reset.
Does anyone know how I might get the driver's window down while the car's in Economy Mode? Then I can at least try a full, properly done BSI reset as my last resort before having to consider the drastic step of asking Citroen for help.
Thanks,
Tom
Tom
1998 Xantia Mk2 1.9TD Saloon
1996 Xantia 1.9TD Estate Mk1
(Previously Old Guy's)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 Mk1 Loose Accelerator Pedal Adjustment

Post by GiveMeABreak »

For now, get in the car, shut the doors, put the key in and turn to ignition position, hold down lock button on fob for 10 seconds without letting go. Remove key and try locking and unlocking doors with remote. Then put key in and try starting.

To start a new post, go to the Citroen section to the left of the Most Liked Posts Grey Banner you will see a button that says NEW TOPIC. Click that and give your post a title and away you go. :wink:
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 27 Jul 2016, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
xantom
My Cars: Renault 16 - my first car bought secondhand in 1980. Lasted a couple of months before dreadful rust brought it to an end.
Renault 18 estate petrol. Bought in 1981. only new car I've ever owned and only because it was tax free to Forces in Germany. Lasted 18 months before accident write off.
Renault 18 saloon petrol. bought in 1988. lasted 3 years before accident and repair cost ended it.
Xantia Esate TD. Bought in 2006. First Citroen and bought because of the suspension and potential to run on veg oil. Apart from a stint owning a doomed C5 estate I've owned nothing but Xantia TD saloons and estates since. All have Bosch pumps so veg oil since 2006 for me.

Re: C5 Mk1 Loose Accelerator Pedal Adjustment

Post by xantom »

Thanks Marc, I'll try that, and thanks for the post advice; don't know how I missed that.
Tom
Tom
1998 Xantia Mk2 1.9TD Saloon
1996 Xantia 1.9TD Estate Mk1
(Previously Old Guy's)
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: C5 Immobiliser Fault

Post by xantia_v6 »

I have split and moved this topic to the correct place on the forum
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: C5 Immobiliser Fault

Post by wheeler »

Have you tried using your spare key ?
You don't need the window down to do a BSI reset. I wouldn't recommend even trying to get it down when the car is in eco mode incase you cant get it back up.
Do you have access to lexia/diagbox ?
Do you have the immobiliser security code ?
If the BSI reset doesn't work you will likley need these before going any further.